Auburn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerfan1303, Apr 26, 2004.

1. tigerfan1303

tigerfan1303 Founding Member

I cant beleive that collegefootballnews.com got auburn winning the west. My friend goes to auburn and he tells me that Aubrn new west coast offense is awesome. He also told me that Auburn plans on beating us? Do you al think there is anyway Auburn can beat us? I am starting to really worry about this game, becasue it is in JH. Auburn plays Lsu good in JH.

I now knwo taht I hate the Auburn more than any other schoool in the Sec.

Lsu top hated rivals in my opioion

1. Auburn
    2. Florida :eek:ldskule:

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Isn't Jason Cambell going to be their starting QB for the 15th year? If so don't worry too much about the war chickens.

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Auburn .... they're fielding a football team again this year ? .... why on earth would they do that to themselves ? Poor Aubbie,they ain't never won nothin' ! (How's that for a triple negative ?)

4. alaman

alaman Founding Member

Seems I remember the same prediction from last year. Allbarn coaches would not let defense blitz or play other than straight up on defense during spring practice because the offense could not block them. One practice they let the defense go and they had 9 sacks in 30 passing plays so called them off again. No worry except it wil be Russell's first road game start and it may take him a few series to settle down.

5. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

6. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

I wouldn't read to much into predictions this early. Auburn has a good , solid team and has addressed many areas that have concerned the fans, but LSU is still the team to beat in the West until proven otherwise. To the victor goes the spoils.

The new OC, Borges, has instituted a hybrid system that is focused on getting rid of the ball earlier. Although this will take some pressure off of a subpar O-line, it remains to be seen whether Campbell can make the adjustment to his fourth offensive system and third OC in his fourth season. The challenge I see against LSU is being able to make accurate pre-snap reads on a very talented set of CB's. But one thing that will help will be increased use of RB's/FB's on intermediate pass routes out of the backfield.

The 4-3 is at it's best when you have the DE personnel to apply pressure and blow up plays. Lavalais was excellent at being able to sniff out screens and , JMO, but I believe that will be the thing that Saban will miss the most about CL's departure. If I were Borges, I would definitely attempt to exploit the outside pressure.

On the defensive side, AU has improved dramatically in the secondary, but they'll need the front 7 to step it up against LSU's O-line if they are to have any chance. They way both team's kicking games are going thus far, well let's just say its ugly and that anything could happen there.

7. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Could go either way.

I agree.
    Our LSU Tigers are NOT a lock to win the SEC West or anything else next year. Auburn isn't, either.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Go lurk the Auburn websites. They are definitely not cocky and openly bemoan their talent and their coaching. Auburn is our competition for the west and they will not be easy at their place, but they have many more problems than we do.

9. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Contrary to what you may think, LSU is beatable.

10. TigerFan101

TigerFan101 Founding Member

As long as our team keeps the mindset that we need to earn the respect of the nation all over again, I think we will be in good shape.... and that is where Saban comes in.