Auburn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tigers Paw, Oct 31, 2004.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Auburn is good as is Utah as is Wisconsin. AU and Wisci's problem is how they win. They are similar to LSU of last year where theu line up and kick you in the mouth and dare you to score. they get up 2 scores and its game over.

No great teams this year? The only great team last year was LSU, the year before that who was truly dominant? It starts and ends with defense and Okie St torched OU and Cal smoked USC but lost due to special teams.

Fans are too quick to discount their own team and conference during a 'semmingly' down season when in fact the SEC is the conference which truly tests itself week-in and week-out.

All those impressed with USC dominating the pac-10, well I guess you buy into the media hype as well. UT is what, 6 spots lower in the Coach's Poll behind UGA which they beat and have the same record? If they aren't going to put any weight into the games played then whats the point of playing.

SEC teams aren't impressing by high flying offenses, they rarely do but sport the best inter-conference bowl records of any other for a reason. Pretty disappointing to see fans so quick to discount their own team then their conference soon follows by that reasoning. I don't buy it for a second. SEC can and will compete with anyone right now, anyday, anywhere.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Okie St. didn't torch OU....not sure what game you were watching.....had OU not GIVEN Okie St. 2 TDs early, the game is over by halftime.

Auburn is definitely much better than either Wisconsin or Utah. Wisconsin is last year's Ohio State. Utah is.....well....check the conference.

The best teams in the country are USC, OU, Auburn and Cal. Too bad Cal choked away the game vs. USC, otherwise they would be the best team in the country, hands down running away.

Auburn is definitely a mirror image of LSU last year. Great running attack, stready QB play, and a smash mouth defense.

USC will lose in the Orange Bowl. That much I am sure of. Who will beat them I have no clue.

3. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

enough of this verbal foreplay already...just get it on you two!

4. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

Does SUB and Crawfish still post here?

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Was in reference to OU's D being run through which it was (as was okie states but that was completely expected). 5.6 yards per carry and Morency couldn't be stopped in the 2nd half. OU was on its heels and their team was reeling.

I'm glad you know Wisconsin and Utah are not nearly as good as Auburn. No need to even play the games. You should vote for the AP, you are as obective.

6. AuNuma1

AuNuma1 Founding Member

I think LSU's D-line was pretty nasty last year. Our guys aren't bad, just new. We graduated a lot on the D-line from last year. I also think our running game is a little better than LSU's was last year. Otherwise, the two teams do kind of favor each other....

7. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

and you will kindly remember that I NEVER jumped on that Bandwagon that "everyone" did. i still maintain there are less than 15 posters on Tiger forums that knows a DAMN thing about football. the sad thing is one of them is an Okie and the other is a girl. oh well. Just my .02cents, no names given to protect the guilty. CYA!