Aww yeah, an extra 10-15% of the Falcons fanbase just turned to Falcon-hating moles!!!

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Tiger_fan, Jan 20, 2013.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

In the Mora vs Walsh days, it was easy to hate THOSE 49ers because they kept breaking our hearts. It's hard to still be angry about that though, because looking back its impossible not to acknowledge how good they were. THESE 49ers don't even feel like the same team. But the Dirty Birds will always be the same old Dirty Birds. I can't tell you how happy I am that they will not be in our Dome trying to win the title Goodell screwed us out of.

fanatic likes this.
  2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I hear ya. I've never rooted against another team as much as I did the Falcons on Sunday.

3. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

from The Onion

Falcons Starting To See Why No One Believed In Them

ATLANTA—Following their disappointing 28-24 defeat to the 49ers in the NFC Championship Game, members of the Atlanta Falcons confirmed Tuesday that the team is beginning to understand why nobody in the country believed in them this season. “At first I thought everyone was just bitter about our number one seed, but after blowing a 17-point lead at home to lose the game, now I see why people never stopped doubting us,” said Falcons wide receiver Roddy White, adding that with a 1-4 record in the playoffs since 2008, “it totally makes sense” not to take the team seriously as a postseason threat. “I guess when you think about it, we’re basically just an above-average team that always falls apart during the playoffs, so it’s no wonder everyone kept saying we wouldn’t even reach the Super Bowl, let alone win it. And they were right.” White also confirmed that after a second-half interception and a costly fumbled snap, the entire Falcons organization now realizes why the entire country has always insisted that Matt Ryan is not an elite quarterback.

4. fanatic

It's one thing to say that about the team. Quite another to throw your QB under the bus. Stay classy, Roddy. Good luck seeing any balls thrown your way next year.

5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Yeah, ridiculous comments by a teammate. RW sounds like he would never be a leader. Just influenced by and focused on the hype. He needs to focus on working hard, and being part of the fix to get stronger as a team mentally to get over the edge. Perhaps, he was just a bit disappointed, and frustrated at the moment, and just made some off the cuff comments that he regrets?

6. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

You guys don't read The Onion on a regular basis do you?

7. fanatic

Nah, judging by other comments he's made over the years, that's just the kind of person he is..

8. fanatic

That's a good point. I didn't even realize it was from 'The Onion' until you pointed it out. Even more believable because it's not an out of character remark for him.

9. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Julio was a beast. Unfortunately, not good enough yet to throw ball to himself. Maybe it's the red and black colors or maybe it's the water in Georgia. To watch the Falcons is to watch the Bulldogs.

10. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Good player but really misses the home cooking SEC refs.