Ayn Rand argues...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Frogleg, May 25, 2005.

1. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

That's ok, I have you in my insane category, so I guess it evens out.

2. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

and you in the category that holds no room for what they cannot sense with the senses, nor what has output from a mathematical equation, or what a titled consensus expert has deemed true...but man is a smart monkey you say, so all knowledge is suspect and subjective, and nothing maybe real, so you slowly implode in your hobbit hole, waiting for something to end this massive charade, that no one deserves.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

lets be nice to each other so the magic karma doesnt punish us.

4. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

martin, you crack me up, thanks for the reds too :hihi:

5. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

The Buddha says:

"I declare, O Bhikkhus, that volition is Karma. Having willed one acts by body, speech, and thought." (Anguttara Nikaya)

"...every volitional activity is inevitably accompanied by its due effect. Karma is like potential seed..."

6. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

oh really....

well some dude named Nietzsche once proclaimed he was god.........that did not turn out so well, did it?????

people have the right to choose. I would rather a person abort an unwanted zygote or embryo instead of bringing it into this world and abandoning it because it was never wanted and loved. in the end, we, the tax payers, usually end up paying for these unwanted children.

besides, we have bigger issues out there....like space. I'm talking about MARS bitches! yea yea

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

the martin realizes people who care about buddha are acting like children.

8. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

says you

9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I don't know much about this stem cell stuff, but from talking to people who do it seems we don't need embryonic stem cells to research. The cells from umbellical cards will work just fine.

I know martin will take issue, or at least pretend to, with this, but I beleive in the sanctity of human life. Destroying an embryo, which is a person, to possibly cure diseases is wrong. I don't want to gain the knowledge from forbidden fruit.

10. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Unwanted children? So, the sane response is to just freaking kill them? By no means am I a supporter of an ever enlarging welfare state, but there has to be a more logical answer to this issue than just killing them. I mean, this just makes way more sense than teaching people to not get pregnant in the first place, unless they are ready for the sacrifices. :confused:

Take religion out of the equation for just a minute, how many other species go around killing their unborn? I can't think of any.

Man: God, why haven't you sent us a vacine for AIDS?

God: I did, you aborted it's inventor.

As a nation, we spend billions each year researching how to put an end to miscarriages and prenatal deaths. At the same time we are spending billions to fund free (or nearly free) clinics to help people rid themselves of some unwanted inconvenience. It makes no sense whatsoever. If the same logic holds true, then we should gather up all of the homeless and kill them. What's the difference? A life is a life after all, right? Why stop there, if someone has a disability or cannot care for themself, for one reason or another, lets rid ourselves of them too.

It all goes back to that "if it feels good do it, damn the consequences, because there are none" mentality.

Mars????