Ayn Rand argues...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Frogleg, May 25, 2005.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

was your point in starting this thread to demonstrate that you can misinterpret rand?

2. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

just showing how she obviously went senile in her old age...hey, happens to the best....

3. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

man, that Rand dude is all over the map with his opinions....... :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

M A RRRRRRAAAAA S bitches!

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

i dont think she is being inconsistent. if you only read her quotes from your first post she makes perfect sense. the non-quotes are you or whoever wrote that drawing coclusions that do not follow from what she said.

she said life is "self-sustaining and self-generated action". she didnt say that an embryo was self sustaining, you did.

so i think you actually were demonstrating your skill at misinterpreting. rand was pretty much saying the opposite of what you were saying.

5. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

I never said anything at all in the first quote. Those were others words. Should have set the whole in quotes and named the source...sorry, you misunderstood. I disagree with her position on abortion, very consistent i am.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

yeah real senile, being taken out of context and misinterpreted, and then being crazy enough to be quoted again, but this time not out of context. she is real nutty.

again, it appears you started this thread in order to misintepret rand, but you dont even have the originality to do it yourself. maybe consider using your own stupid words instead of posting someone else's stupid words as yours.

yeah my bad. next time i will remember you cant even make up your own nonsense.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

rand is a chick, yo.

stop with the dude references.

also, what's more or less moral? the prego chick's body or the baby's feelings inside?

if you agree the former then don't try to use religion.

if you agree that sometimes murder is good, then you agree with me and obviously martian.

can't have it both ways, yo.

8. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

excellent points, yo.

9. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

word to yo motha tirk..and that chick Ayn Rand from the Sudan

10. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

In Buddhist teaching, the law of karma, says only this: `for every event that occurs, there will follow another event whose existence was caused by the first, and this second event will be pleasant or unpleasant according as its cause was skillful or unskillful.'

Done, thanks Martin.