Bachman does transfer to LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Jul 26, 2004.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Couldn't find the thread with the info. from yesterday so here's the confirmation of everything the poster said. This just goes to show that many of us need to wait untill we here the whole story before starting the flaming, especailly those who said they don't want him at LSU since he chose Texas Tech out of high school. LSU didn't recruit him back then.

Bachman

Lords knows if he has an impact at LSU but for those that would write him off because he is only 5'10" and white, remember all of the great ones that have played in college in recent years.

2. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Well, if he wants to be here, then God bless and good luck to him. However, I think the young man would be better off adopting Justin Vincent's
    attitude from last year before he became the starter: that he was resigned to being the best special teams player in LSU history. Because w/ the stud
    receivers we've got, I don't see this kid catching many passes. You never
    know, though...Justin had that attitude, and look what happened to HIM.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Nick didn't recruit this guy out of high school and may not have enough scholarships for all of the 2004 recruits. I assume he's coming here to walk on.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I don't see him gettin a scholly either. Not enough to go around to give to marginal players.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I'm sure they will watch him very closely this season to see if deserves one next year, but I would also have my doubts about getting one in his junior year with the limited amount we have. But we won't konw untill then. Guy may end being like a Doering at UF.

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

I believe that he understands the situation he is coming into very well:

"I know it will be a tough road ahead in front of me," said Bachman, who wasn't recruited by LSU out of Evangel, signing with Texas Tech over offers from UCLA and Tulane. "But the challenge is what excites me. Every time you step on the field, you have to play to your highest level and that's what I plan to do."

7. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

You never know...w/ the logjam at WR, and Coach Saban's knack for turning WRs into DBs, this kid may turn out to be the next Jack Hunt. Or, if he never
    pans out except maybe on special teams, then there's a lot worse things than being the next Gino Giambelluca (I love that guy...what a headhunter on the kickoff team). :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: