Back From the Bash: My Thoughts...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Veritas

Veritas Founding Member

I would love to see RP play because he is the #1 QB in the nation, but I just wish we could have a proven starter. Going through another QB controversy might kill me. Especially since this is a 3 way QB race.

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Do you guys want to win the SEC? Do you guys want to just win the SEC West?

Well, just answer me the last freshman QB anywhere who did that? Thanks!

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I agree. RP will not redshirt. He does not intend to. All indications are he will be throwing himself into the playbook and learning to read defenses in order to prepare himself to play this year.

Sounds like a 180 from the work ethic of Russell.

4. Abuapu

Abuapu Founding Member

hopefully Russell's work ethic will change....I want him to succeed so bad to represent the home town...i just only hope he can...

5. Veritas

Veritas Founding Member

Right now I'm with JR. I want him to be the starter. The potential he showed in the bowl game was amazing.

Sidenote: The 2 frosh's at Tennessee did great things untill they got injured.

6. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Who gave you "all indications", islstl...Please tell me who other than Perrilloux has said he wants to go in and play?

Please also remind me what quarterback ever came to LSU much ballyhooed and talked of redshirting because he wasn't ready or it wasn't best for the team?

Again...Name me ONE SINGLE SOLITARY true-or redshirt-freshman quarterback to win an SEC Championship, or even a Divisional Championship...

7. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

I want Russell to good as well....I just am really hyped about...Rp.....I want the best player we have at the qb postion next year to be the starter and if happens to be a freshman then oh well....

8. islstl

Well great news, RP will be pushing Russell to be much better than he was his freshman year. This can only be good for LSU in the end.

9. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

I know he is going to make one hell of a FB and was told that is where he is going to play, but Korte would be an absolute beast of a LB. And I don't think we can determine whether or not RP is going to RS until he gets on campus and competes with JR and MF.

10. islstl

So you spent $30, went to a f*cked up function, watched a little tape, and branded yourself as prospect know-it-all.

Why am I not surprised?