Back From the Bash: My Thoughts...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Feb 2, 2005.

1. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

Nick Saban was very happy with the POSITIVE change in JaMarcus Russell's work ethic back in October at the Gridiron club meeting.......

He said JaMarcus made a real effort to watch more tapes/videos and made a drastic improvement in spending more time reading/studying the playbook.....

That's not a problem anymore. Kinda like RO had problems early in his career......Ro turned out just fine...

JR is your starter for the next couple years.....When that guy is clicking he's the best in the SEC, imo....

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Now THIS I can agree with whole-heartedly...

3. TigerEducated

So, what you're saying is you can't answer, right?

Snicker...

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

first year i couldnt make it in a long time. is it suddenly much worse with the lines and "entertainment"? Or just presented a lot differently?

5. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

And this is the bottom line. There's no reason to think that JR doesn't have all the tools necessary to be a big time QB. He was (almost) RP two years ago. Until JR shows something different, he's the starter. There's just no way a true freshman can make up the learning curve, experience, and physicality of the SEC. Period.

6. TigerEducated

I have enjoyed Recruiting Bashes in the past with both parents, with just my dad, and by myself and friends since it's been at the Atrium...This year's rendition was poor...

In year's prior, there was different entertainment, more fan/crowd interaction, and there were more than just corporate booths that no one even paid attention to.

It was different-THIS YEAR-you ninny...I paid because I wanted to be there, and we WANTED to...But, it WAS BS, and it needs to be changed...

Having said that, I'd pay to go again next year...So take your I told you so and shove it where the sun don't shine. Go steal Christmas, Mr. Grinch...We're tired of the act here...

7. TigerEducated

Bu...Bu..Wha...Bu...islstl says that "all indications" are that RP will start next year...

;-)

8. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

As soon as I saw guys bashing the bash, I knew this was coming up. You called it FT. I did'nt go today and after reading from some that did, I definitely won't go in the future. :grin:

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Man, you let him off too easy.

But he looks like the fool that he is in the end.

10. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

All three QBs are basically starting from scratch when practice starts... RP has as good a chance to start as JR and MF... although I think RP will redshirt and JeMarcus will start '06. I don't think Miles will make the mistake of the two QB system that Saban did.