Back From the Bash: My Thoughts...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Feb 2, 2005.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

So, you're through trying to defend your "all indiciations" statement?

Hitch that wagon of yours to FightinTIGER...You'll go far...

LOL!

Please...continue to educate me since you're a recruiting expert...What exactly does "all indications" mean to you? Explain how you know that RP will contribute so early? Did you press the iron on name "Smacker" on the back of Les Miles' daughter's shirt for the Bash or something?

2. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

We should probably get an independent thread about the Recruiting Bash. The Gridiron Club can't let it slip into mediocrity!

Dadgummit! Last year, I traveled from Arkansas to go to the Bash!! This year, I would have been flying in from Newark Airport in New Jersey!!

Can you imagine traveling all that way to be disappointed at the Bash today? I'd be in a very bad mood.

3. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Without a doubt, unless Russell's wheels come off.

4. TigerEducated

On a lighter note...That's the first time anyone's ever implied that JaMarcus Russell has wheels...He is certainly an NFL caliber talent, but one thing he is not is mobile or quick...

I agree with you, though...

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Good point about 2 TRUE freshmen QBs in a dual QB mode winning the SEC East Veritas.

I'll be excited if Perrilloux decides he is going to step up and start trying to learn the playbook right away. However, a couple months can hardly compare to two years plus a year's worth of semi-starter experience on JaMarcus. If Perrilloux legitimetly pushes for starting time next year, I'll be very suprised. Let's not forget that papers were writing that JaMarcus was pushing Mauck for playing time while he WAS RED SHIRTED!! So how you practice doesn't necessarily dictate how you play on the field.

Say RP redshirts, JaMarcus is our starting QB - You still think Flynn would stay if he thinks he would drop to 3rd string the next season? I really like Flynn, but if he doesn't think he can get legitimate playing time at LSU it certainly seems like he will transfer.

6. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

It was my first bash and probably my last. I agree with just about everything you said. For $30 you'd think they would give the damn raffle tickets away. And I could not understand why the hell they played the Oregon State game.
    The food was good and at least it was free. But so much time with nothing to do.

7. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Bank on him working on his mobility this summer, with RP in the wing JR knows he has to impress this spring.

8. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Bet Flynn is kicking himself for not taking Bama's offer... he would have been the starter this year :hihi:

9. TigerEducated

McDLT hit on this eariler...The recruitment of RP will be nothing but a positive development for the quarterback position at LSU, RP, JR, and MF (if he remains)...

10. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

If anything, I am interested to see how Flynn and RP get along if both stay.

I am not sure if I would be banned or not if I said what I would tell RP if I was Flynn