Back From the Bash: My Thoughts...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Feb 2, 2005.

1. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

When RP starts practice... he will be humbled... kid is full of talent, but both Flynn and Russell are no slouches either... Flynn never worked with the first team recievers or got to start a game... just RP cashing in on the hype... I just hope he isn't another Booty.. but I think he will settle in just fine.

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

You must admit that you whine more often than not. So I interpreted your take on the Bash accordingly. Oh well, live and learn. I did today.

I probably was not good company at the event today and may have had my mind elsewhere but I can't see how it is supposed to be entertaining - because short of 3pm onward there was no entertainment.

I figured the early morning session would be enjoyable becuase of the recruits being announced, etc etc. Well, they would say the name, tack it up on a board, then go back to whichever game they were playing. (Oregon St, Florida, etc)

Everyone, including myself, was getting early morning recruit info from people on cell phones, etc etc. I realize they can't say anything until the official paperwork arrives but geesh. At the very least keep people busy by showing information, video, etc etc about each of the guys as they commit.

Do something.

3. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

When have I ever made the proclomation that I am never a hypocrite, you "mow-ron"?

Also...Thanks FT...That's the first time someone's called me "little" in a while...

LOL!

4. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I remember Korte's dad (Steve, Sr.) as one mean mofo (like father, like son, apparently) when he played for the Saints...one of the great OL to ever play for the franchise.

5. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Tommy Hodson, LSU, 1986.

6. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Eric Ainge could have said to have won the SEC East this year as true freshman....

7. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

islstl...Here's your answer...

LOL

8. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

As far as who would be QB at LSU, well I have no favorite. I just want a winner playing the position. Cher's to a hard fought battle for QB. Let the true winner come to the top. :geauxtige

9. TigahBait

TigahBait Ultimate Tigah Fan

In my opinion, I really see Matt Flynn emerging as the starting qb next season. He showed great poise in the pocket with the ability to make quick decisions with the ball (something I think that JR had a problem doing). He was nursing an injury in the spring, that had him relegated to rehab and working with the 2nd string. He has a much better chance of starting than I think everyone is giving him. Let's face it, you don't have to be a ruston rifle or pin ball to be a great qb, you have to have leadership qualities and good game management skills. Matt Mauck is the perfect example, the ability to limit the teams mistakes is key. I think Matt Flynn has these qualities with better athleticism. JMO. We'll see how it plays out. With that said..... :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige

10. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

The point being, it has happened.