Back in town

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by purplejoe, Aug 8, 2004.

1. purplejoe

purplejoe Founding Member

Hi all,
    I'm a life long tiger fan, originally from Baton Rouge. I've been working in arkansas for the past few years but im back in my old homestead now. It's good to be back, especially at football season. I just found this site and im geared up for football. I'm just wondering, what stations carry lsu or sports talk shows here in town. Is buddy songy still on the air? I caught the tail end of some crap show on the score 1210 on friday. I guess it was almost noon. It was called maybe all sports radio or something. i dont know. I heard some cat called scrappy and a couple other goobers. is that what br radio is now? And i thought scrappy was a dj on one of the country stations? I'm itching to get on the airwaves and talk lsu.

2. rookie

rookie Founding Member

THat was the wonderful BLake Andrews and what he calls "Total Sports Radio". This is the worst show of any sort on any radio station that I have ever heard. I would rather listen to the overnight shows on WWL. This is the worst sports talk radio town in the US. There could not possibly be a worse town in the US. I do think Buddy Songy and Jimmy Ott are alright and they both come on 1210 at noon and four respectively. After that you get Ole Miss sports tonight were Jed Clampett and the boys all gather 'round the radio and talk about Mary B's biscuits and why Ole Miss running backs that pull guns on cops aren't half as bad as an accused LSU player that "allegedly" hit his girlfriend. Oh, almost forgot that morning show in 1210 as well. The original guy John Fine(a Vineyard regular,"I hang out there, you should too") was so bad he actually was dumb enough to get someone that was worse to fill in for him in, you guessed it, BLake Andrews. This jackass is on not once but twice.

I hope you have a good CD collection or satellite radio if you want to hear sports radio other than 12-2 or 4-6.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Get ready to hear that stupid Cribbs Incorporated jingle assault your eardrums every 3 or 4 minutes.

The only worthwhile shows on 1210 are the national stuff from ESPN Radio. Collin Cowherd in the morning is not bad and if you can put up with Jime Rome he is on from 2-4 in the afternoons. After dark 1210 has so much static that it is impossible to listen to. They must only have about 1000 or so watts.

4. LSUdude

LSUdude Founding Member

I become physically ill listening to Blake Andrews. My doctor advised me to refrain from listening for my well being. You could give a chimp the morning sports section of The Advocate and after 5 minutes the chimp would know more about sports than Andrews.
    I used to listen to Buddy Songy quite a bit, but I cant bear to listen to his show much anymore either. It's one long infomerical. I dont care to hear him talk to the guy from Copper Mill golf course, chat with strippers at the Gold Club, or speak of the wonders of Manda meat products. His show is all fluff now.

I listen to Condon pretty much all the time. Yeah, the guy can be obnoxious sometimes, but nobody has better interviews. I am amazed sometimes at how he is able to get some of the people on his show. A couple of weeks ago Buddy Songy was stating how he would "try" and get Ryan Perilloux on the his show the next day. That same day Condon HAD Perilloux on his show when he announced he was going to commit to Texas. Buddy is more interested in plugging his many sponsors than providing great sports talk.

5. purplejoe

who was the scrappy cat? i heard them refer to him as scrappy. but i thought there was a guy on country radio here called scrappy.? is it the same guy? This guy seemed to know a little bit more then the other guys on the show and was a little more opinionated. And i guess Blake must not have been around long cuz i never heard him.

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

What station is Condon on nowadays and when?

7. LSUdude

LSUdude Founding Member

Condon's show is on AM 1300 from 1pm to 3pm..Monday thru Thurs.

8. purplejoe

i remember condon doin a morning show on wibr...man he was my fav although quite obnoxious......but who is scrappy? anyone know. I've heard mixed reviews in people i've asked though

9. LSUdude

LSUdude Founding Member

Scrappy is Josh Ennis??...he is the son of the guy who does the voice for Scooby Doo. He is only 17 years old and seems to know alot more about sports than Blake Andrews.....of course, I own houseplants that know more about sports than Blake Andrews.

10. purplejoe

thats it....thats scooby's son huh? i used to like to listen to his dad at wynk....is scrappy any good? i guess not even close to his dad