Back to reality

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Nov 15, 2013.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Miles isn't going anywhere. He has won 80% of games (including SEC and National Champs). His recruiting classes are usually highly regarded (coming class looks strong). He hired Cameron and Chavis. Chavis has been the crown jewel since he has been here.

We lost a ton of defensive starters this season. Is that a good enough reason to explain a rebuilding year? Maybe.

Firing Miles or Chavis would not be received well at this juncture. Who would come barking up their trees? Maybe nobody. But we're in a relationship with these guys until things bottom out or at least stagnate.

Also remember hires don't always go smooth because they got a bunch of cooks in that kitchen.

2. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

A coach who has won 80% of his games, especially in the SEC, isn't going anywhere.

3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Most of us just want him to remove his head from his azz. The firing topic keeps coming from the opposite side of the fence.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  4. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

I understand he is winning and he is not going anywhere. I understand Alleva is a jackass and can't be trusted. Also understand that a significant down turn should be had before kicking Leslie to the curb.

But what I don't understand is why things would have to hit rock bottom or become stagnant before it is justifiable. As a passionate fan, why would I want to see LSU wait until recruiting has suffered substantially and the tigers are trudging through .500 seasons? You can pay 1/2 a million to a coach who loses 3-4 games a season. I hope the fans that feel that way also realize that those things don't happen overnight. I would like LSU to still have something for the next coach in line to work with when Les decides to hang it up, instead of having to rebuild it from the ground up again.

5. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Early this year I was feeling very 2011. Now I feel very 2009. If program isn't back on track in 2 years then I will want him gone. And I will be justified.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Les Miles is like Nate Dogg, "we gonna rock it til the wheels fall off, hold up"

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Oops there goes gravity.

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I hear ya but large sums of money generally make folks reluctant to make rash decisions, and actually reluctant to make any change until things are beyond obvious that a change is required.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Miles gets a raise or extension after this season.

9. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

Isn't his contact automatically extended if he win a minimum of eight games per year?

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I love Les, I love the fact that he loves LSU, he loves Baton Rouge, and he is an honest stand up guy. On the other hand I'm fully aware that he isn't going to win an award for best decision maker and best gameday coach.

I'm satisfied with the overall job he has done at LSU. I'm not satisfied with the squandering of a 2006, 2011, and 2012 national title and 2 SEC titles in 2006 and 2012.

He has to do better and I think he would agree.