Back to the future?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Sep 27, 2010.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

From November 2008:

http://forums.tigerfan.com/tigers-den/78339-time-jordan-jefferson.html

3 people like this.
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

QB has been mismanaged since Perrilloux was run off.

3. SabanFan

That's what you get from that?:huh:

4. Jester

Jester Founding Member

The difference is that Lee was a freshman who had never set foot on a college field, much less played an SEC game when he was thrown into the mix.

Jefferson is well into his 3rd season and he looks worse now than he ever did and seems to be regressing even more as the season goes on.

Also, as many mistakes as Lee made, he never pouted, threw tantrums, berated his receivers, or brought the team down with his piss poor attitude. Sure, he made a TON of mistakes and wasn't ready, but who would have been. Yet through it all, he held his head high and kept on trying. I'll take that dog in the fight over Jefferson's BS any day.

I will admit, that during the '08 season, I was down on Lee, but in hindsight, our Defense and our O-Line hurt us just as much, if not more.....Lee just got the lion's share of the blame. Now, though, I can see that Lee is the QB that displays the characteristics of someone we would want leading our team. He's a fighter who through it all, pressed on and worked to get better. Now, could he still be worse than Jefferson? Maybe, although the few passes he's thrown this season have already looked better than 90% that JJ throws. I'd still be happy to give him the chance.

3 people like this.
  5. lsu-i-like

Yes. JL struggled mightily in 08, JJ should have seen the field when that was apparent, but Miles pressed on. Move on to 09. The experienced QB, the QB that was thrown to the wolves, is benched, for another QB who hadn't seen significant playing time. JJ played the majority of last season, when both QBs should have shared the load. Move on to 10. JJ is our only QB according to Miles. He is struggling mightily, yet Miles is pressing on with the guy. Throw into the mix that Miles pressed on with a sht QB coach and OC who led an offense rated near the bottom of all FBS teams.

The QB position has been mishandled mightily since Perrilloux was rightfully run off.

Also, our QB for the future is...

6. SabanFan

ZLee: Baseball, Garrett: couldn't compete JJ: Stagnated JLee: Never was.

There is fault on Miles' part whether it's a failure to recognize the lack of ability in JJ and Lee and/or failure to find a JC player to step in, I don't know. But the plain fact is that JJ and JLee cannot be made into greatQBs so you do what you can with what you have.

Anyway, the point of my little trip to the past is the irony in having deja vu only with the player's roles reversed.

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I was kind of amazed at how exact some of the same comments were being made with the same two names just switched up. Newbery Medal Award material.

8. lsu-i-like

It is a sharp little jab, I'll admit, but I wouldn't say it is really indicative of everyone being dead wrong now or then. The problem in my mind isn't Lee or Jefferson really, it is their development AND MORE IMPORTANTLY our coach's determination to stick with one guy when he isn't getting the job done rather than trying to get both reps, try something different. Miles is running his head into a wall, the only difference is he is doing it with JJ now rather than JL. I think both could be better QBs than we've seen, I think our coaches have screwed the pooch on this one.

And big shock here, I agree that this is all Miles' fault, inability to recognize talent or no talent, smarts or no smarts, longevity or not, character or not, and last but not least a need for change, to try something different, to find a spark, hell to let your starter see the field from the sidelines for a little bit.

9. SabanFan

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that one.

By the way, you're killing my thread. This kind of crap is all over page one of the Den.

10. SabanFan

Bingo. Thanks tiga for seeing the point and not hating on the coaches on this one.