Back to the future?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Sep 27, 2010.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Would be nice. I doubt Shepard would last though.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think we should start a Jordan Jefferson fan club and all blow the message boards and phones up for the call in shows and express why we never want to see Jarrett Lee play, or Russell Shepard for that matter.

Les would immediately bench Jefferson.

3. ozarkbengal

ozarkbengal Founding Member

Same as it ever was ............. coulda woulda shoulda ............ Shouldnt really suprise very many. Gotta blame somebody for something ............

4. ozarkbengal

ozarkbengal Founding Member

........... and when JL does get in a game, for better or worse, wrong place, wrong time, same song, same dance ...............

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

O.............Tayyyyyyyyy..........Panky............

6. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Well as we all wonder if JL can make a difference, but remember his past issues, it is important to remember the context in which he played. Usually behind big, forced to chunk it and defenses sat back and ate it up. This year we have not been behind, our defense is crazy, st are insane, and the running game is working well. While he may still have difficulty picking up the safety, resulting in INTs, the offense should not be so one-sided as it was in 2008-9.

He might play well enough to be average, and we don't need any more than that.

7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I'll agree that with the defense we currently possess, he may be more effective. HOWEVER, to insinuate that he was FORCED to play from behind without mentioning that he was often THE REASON we had to play from behind is selective memory at best. Oh, and the running game was working pretty well in 2008. Charles Scott was a 1000yd back in 2008. The defense sucked, yes, but Lee didn't do them any favors.

It doesn't happen often, but I'm with SF on this one. Put him in because...

1)He may have improved

2)The defense may be strong enough to overcome the turnovers, and we know that he can throw.

3)Because JJ is just struggling SO badly...it's hard to imagine it being worse.

If for whatever reason it IS worse, put JJ back at the helm and ride it out. At least the fans will understand why it is what it is at that point.

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

this. trying and it not working is better than not trying and never knowing. of course, then the fans will be screaming for bailey.....

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

If memory serves, by 1989, there were people wanting to see Mickey Guidry put in ahead of Hodson (ridiculous as that sounds). And Russell didn't enjoy nearly as much fan support as one might think. In retrospect, he was pretty doggone good, but there are those here who still maintain that Flynn should've been the starter in '06 (because he was a bust in the pros.)

1 person likes this.
  10. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

I agree, and it has to be more than one series in the fourth quarter where the primary focus is running out the clock. I think trying him for a quarter for good or ill will at least show the fans where he is in relation to JJ.

1 person likes this.