Back to the future?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Sep 27, 2010.

1. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Read my quote more carefully. No insinuation at all. He had to play mostly in games that he was down big and had to chunk it. Some of it was due to him and some was due to how bad the defense was. We were down all year. Yes CS had a good year, but we relied heavily on the pass and as a result, could not pound the ball the way we have this year to finish a game. We always had to finish throwing it. And with the perpetual 5 receiver sets, and his inability to pick up the safety or LB, it snowballed.

This is a much better all around team than 2008. The defense and special teams? It's not even close. Should take pressure off having to throw all game for points, and instead change it to having to throw occasionally for first downs.

He may not be able to do it this year either, but the field is laid out much better for him now.

2. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Agreed.

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

or they would be screaming for the kid that went to swing the wood.

4. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Why? Had you not been in exile, you'd be in there too, not that I see anything wrong with anything that was said.

Yeah, it was good. If the Miles supporters would step back and see that in 3 years nothing has changed and there has been total digression on the offensive side of the ball, they wouldn't get so butt hurt when Miles is called on the carpet.

In '08, Miles would have JJ warming up on the sidelines when Lee would throw pick 6 after pick 6, and not play him. This year, it's the same thing with Lee.

I was hard on Lee in '08 because he sucked. The reason I don't mind seeing him on the field this time around is because I'm hoping, two years later, that he's improved at least a little.

Unfortunately, I don't have faith in Miles or Crowton, and I don't think any QB on the team right now will work because I don't believe either is a good coach. I do believe, however, that there is a slim possibility that one QB can at least do LESS worse than another.

I stand by my statements from '08, as they were dead on, and I stand by my current statements as they continue to be dead on (how could they not be when nothing has changed?).

5. KerryS

KerryS Founding Member

I am just going to enjoy what is one of the best defenses, and the best special teams, I have ever seen at LSU. Mind you, I have been watching them since 1965. I hope like hell the offense can find a way to pick it up, but I am not going to waste this season concentrating on what is not working. I am going to enjoy and be proud of what IS working. We are 4-0, same as the best in the land. I'm tired of bitching. Whoever we have playing on the field, I'm gonna support them and help this team go as far as it can. That just might be a very long way.:geauxtige

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

No need for euphemisms, let's not beat around the bush, I was banned. Thank gawd for them fancy smancy high follutin lawyer boyz or I may still be in the clink.

Cept most got what they wanted but now want to go back. Nothing wrong, just ironic, weird and funny all at once. Possibly SF's best thread.

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Same as Northwestern & Missouri too, what are their rankings again?

8. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Call me crazy, but in '08 I seem to remember JJ playing pretty decent against Arkansas in the first half before Miles went all "play not to lose" in the second half. Anyone remember the Georgia Tech game?

Last year, he wasn't as terrible as he is this year. 4 games into the '09 season, JJ had 7 TDs and 1 INT with 61% completion percentage. This year, after 4 games, he has 2 TDs and 4 INTs with 54%.

JJ's play in '09 was better than JL's play in '08, especially considering the o-line JL had compared to JJ's.

We did get what we wanted, and it worked better, but now we are seeing a huge digression, and a digression in talent (or a lack of developing it) seems to point to coaching.

When was the last time you've seen a QB in the SEC or elsewhere in the NCAA come in, do decent, then do well, and then completely bomb out or get benched? Usually, by this time in a QB's career, he is getting better and looking for a spot in the NFL Draft.

9. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

10. KerryS

KerryS Founding Member

I'm not talking about Northwestern or Missouri. I'm talking about LSU, the team this forum is about. I really don't give a damn about Northwestern or Missouri.