Back to the Golden Age -- Or:

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Sep 28, 2016.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I thought he won the west once, but that was kind of my point. He didn't do much of anything while in the SEC, so what has he done to earn another shot? A fluke game against Fla. St?

2. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Who are you people? Do you really know anything about football? He takes over a mediocre team and 4 years later has Arkansas 11-2 and 5th in the nation.

Arkansas Razorbacks (Southeastern Conference) (2008–2011)

2008 Arkansas 5–7 2–6 T–4th (Western)
    2009 Arkansas 8–5 3–5 T–4th (Western) W Liberty
    2010 Arkansas 10–3 6–2 T–2nd (Western) L Sugar† 12 12
    2011 Arkansas 11–2 6–2 3rd (Western) W Cotton 5 5

3. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Well the 12 is...scotch has gotta age. Maybe the Glen 18 or the McCallan 25 as the weather starts to turn cooler.....

4. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

You always seem to leave out the last part, where he had to be fired for carrying on scuzzy and possibly illegal dealings, and constantly lying to his boss the AD. He almost opened his employer up to a lawsuit. HE IS A BAD AND SELFISH PERSON - even by college football coach standards.

It is so strange to me that his long, detailed history of dishonest, disloyal, degenerate behavior doesn't matter to some because his teams can score.

Hiring Bobby Petrino is like hooking up with a really hot girl who has STDs. It may great for a while, but you're left with an embarrassing, costly mess to deal with.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
    lsu-i-like and fanatic like this.
  5. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Dude, 25? Youre comparing a Honda Civic to a Porche Carrera. Better 12s than Livet, my only point is. Fiddich (sp?) and Livet are at bottom of my list.

6. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

FIFY

7. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

I was responding to a statement about his FOOTBALL record at Arkansas. "He didn't do much in the SEC".

But since you want to drag words like "scuzzy" and "possibly" & "lying" & "almost" let's review again.
    It shouldn't be strange to you that people want Petrino as coach, same reason Alabama hired that lying piece of shit, rule skirting Saban. Same reason Ohio St. wanted the douche bag habitual liar Urban Meyer.

Ok the affair. President's of the United States have had affairs and LIED about it: JFK, Bad Boy Bill Clinton, (& MLK). Big deal, you need to grow up. Frankly, if Petrino were having an affair and coaching LSU and he asked me, "Hey Frogleg, should i lie about the affair if asked about it?" I was say, "Yes, Bobby, lie your ass off about it."

Here's a poll, how would you rank: 1) Hillary Clinton 2) Bill Clinton 3) Trump 4) and Bobby Petrino in being a bad and selfish person:

1) The big cigar Bill Clinton is the worse
    2) Hillary Clinton is a close 2nd, and probably should be 1st.
    3) Trump
    4) Paterno? do you think what he did or didn't do is worse than an affair and lying about it?
    5) Saban/Meyer/long list of college football coaches

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

We don't want any of those pos as our HC either. Ayn rand has really fucked up your moral compass.

Robidoux87 likes this.
  9. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Obviously Paterno is the worst. Turning a blind eye to serial child abuse will be hard to top.

Bringing up politicians is weird and irrelevant.

What trouble did Saban or Meyer ever get into?

Your whole thing seems to be, "other schools have traded their values for football wins. Why shouldn't LSU?"

tirk likes this.
  10. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

The only difference between Petrino & Saban & Meyers is that Petrino had an affair and lied about it. It's ridiculous to dismiss him as a football coach because of that, considering some of our American heros, such as JFK and MLK had affairs and lied about it. Along with countless other essentially good Americans.

Do you think it was wrong for Saban to hire Landon Collins girlfriend in his front office, where shortly after Louisiana's 5star recruit committed to Bama? Do you realize how many more shenanigans go on like that under Saban's & Meyer's watch?

You need to admit that you're secretly a 'Bama fan and Petrino scares you.