Backs, O-line, or X's & O's? Which is the root of our run problem?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DocBrooks, Oct 7, 2006.

1. DocBrooks

DocBrooks Founding Member

I'm trying to figure this one out. I think our X's and O's aren't the greatest but we should be getting more than this even with the way it is. I never see any decent holes open up so is it our line? Then again, I see our to upperclassmen backs, JV and AB, go down as if their 90lbs and making a cut, my God, that'll be the day. So which is it? Which is hurting us the most? Don't just say all three, one has to be the root of all this.

2. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

O-line. No doubt.

Indecisive backs don't help, either.

3. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

How about the O line sucks for run blocking, which causes our backs to look stupid, which limits our X's and O's?

4. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Coaching... whether it is the play calling, the choice of RBs, etc., that's where it starts...

My belief in Les is starting to fade and my reserved judgement is changing...

5. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

We can't run the ball against a good defense but much like the Auburn game we see a lot of this bunch formation and a run up the gut for about 1 or 2 yards.

6. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I'm pissed and half sh*t faced, but I haven't been impressed with Jimbo's play calling in our two losses. It seems like our playbook is reduced to two pages.

7. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

reminds me of the movie "Waterboy", where the other coach was reading the Coach Fonzi's play book and laughing aloud..

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

You're not using your best option, Scott.

That's one problem. We're dreaming about days past with Broussard and Vincent.

Hester has lots of heart, but can't run the show back there solo.

You stick Scott back there for 25 touches a game. You do it the rest of the season and don't look back.

9. Thundercat99

Thundercat99 Founding Member

It starts with the I can't run block worth a damn O-line and when you combine it with a OC with absolutely no imagination in game planing/play calling this is what you get. Was it just me or did the rest of you guys have a pretty good idea what the play was before the snap and that more than likely it was going to get stuffed or incomplete?

The big problem is it's going to get a lot worse due to sub par O-line signings.

say welcome to the bad ole 90's all over again.

If I were Ryan P I'd seriously consider transferring now, cause if he sticks around on this Titanic he just might not make it to the No Fun League.

10. Cajun J

Cajun J Founding Member

I think it's that damned Canadian's fault!!! :hihi: HE'S NEUTRAL!!!