Backyard Burgers

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by LSUdude, May 28, 2004.

1. LSUdude

LSUdude Founding Member

Heard they just opened up on Siegen Lane. Has anyone tried it yet?

2. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

One just opened up in the OKC area. I haven't eaten there yet. I've heard they are good.

3. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I can't wait to head to BYB. They are great!!! I might try to eat there tomorrow, if so I'll give you the full report.

4. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Ok my Backyard Burger was delicious!!!!! Go there and also get the lemonade to drink. I had waffle fries and they were very good as well. Yummy, cant wait to go back.

5. BB

BB Founding Member

I've never posted in here because I'm not really a food authority, but Backyard Burger is awesome. It's fast food service and convenience in a clean and enjoyable atmosphere. The burgers are REAL burgers and everything I've had there was BETTER than advertised. It's worth the drive to try it out and I would guess that they will be a household name in the next 5-10 years. They are a tastier, refreshing option to the same old greasy fast food joints and a quicker, more convenient alternative to sit-down, wait staff restaurants. I know there is now one in Mandeville and Baton Rouge and there are several between Louisiana and Florida for anyone headed to the beach this summer or to road games next fall. Check it out!

6. HittinZX2

HittinZX2 Living to die laughing

Yeah, I drove by that place the other day and they were seriously packed. I've never been there but I will have to give a try when my pizza delivery tips pick up. Also, I was wondering if that place was expensive?

7. Geauxld Member

Geauxld Member Founding Member

HMMM

I heard the guys that own it are from Lake Charles and that their delicous
    can't wait to try em.

8. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Went by there yesterday here in Baton Rouge. Very small burger combo, costed me about 6 bucks... was definitely still hungry afterward. The burger was dripping, one could even say ooooozing, grease and lacking any real flavor. Just way too bland for my tastes. Then again I see it as basically a fast food joint, and I suppose I should not expect very much out of it.

9. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Agreed, mine was far from freshly made.

10. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

i eat there more than any other fast food joint. it's better than bk, mc d's, jib and wendy's but nothing to write home about. just less greasy.