Bad day for my Rebs

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by col reb, Apr 8, 2004.

1. col reb

col reb Founding Member

According to the CL in Jackson, our starting fullback has felony assualt charges from a fight Sat. night. Our baseball coach kicked six guys off for the week end at least. (I like that. He has guts. Either he coachs and you play and follow the team rules, or go to UF) Oh well!!! A couple more weeks like this and we will be sitting in a pig sty, studying law, ringing cowbells, and wearing golf visors while attending the institute located close to the airport in EBR parish. The one with the wire across the fence. :sob: :grin: :D :dis: :shock:

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Not sure how much success your baseball coach will have over the long haul but the administration did pick the right guy for the job. I don't think Ole Miss could have done any better. :geaux: :lsug: :champs:

3. col reb

col reb Founding Member

I agree. If he keeps up the way he has turned things around there, he will be strongly looked at when Smoke retires. DAMMIT :grin:

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

When Smoke retires? Man you're looking waaaaaayyyy too far into the future. IMO Smoke will be around for a good while. :geaux: :lsug: :champs: :tigbas:

5. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Sorry. Thought Smoke was older. What am I saying? That's good for us. (unless OM manages to screw that up) We have lost our fight song, our flags, and our mascot. What the hell is another good coach or two. :cuss:

6. j0nathanr0y

j0nathanr0y Founding Member

Yeah thats bull**** you guys lost all that...i'd be so freaking pissed off if I went there....

7. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

Did they have some kind of vote to remove the fight song, flags, and mascot. Or did the school decide to just do it?

8. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

Smoke has been around forever. I remember that dude giving us hell at Skip's Baseball camps during the summer! He used to run our asses off all day long if we didn't use our whole body to block a pitch in the dirt.

9. col reb

col reb Founding Member

No vote. Lots of opinions expressed. That's to be expected and accepted if the majority wills it. Here------the athletic director and chancellor decide. The rest of you just send in the money and smile. The Col Rebel mascot was banned from the sidelines last year. AFTER season tickets for ELI'S senior season and the Rebs best team in years. Some Rebel season ticket holders posted to boycot and not attend the games. BIG DEAL. The tickets were already paid for. The OM brass really could care less from a finacial point, whether you attend or not.

10. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

Next their going to change the name OLD MISS to Chrisp MISS