Bad Int call

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JCA1991, Nov 9, 2009.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Seeing how we are the only SEC team to score on Bama in the first half and scored twice on Bama, yea. I think different play calls would have been called and with Jlee, when hes ON hes ON, but when hes off, hes off.

2. whodatnot

whodatnot I'm taking the day off

The issue is the referees are paid to make sure the rules of the game are followed and that possession of the ball is correctly marked and possessed by each team. The referees failed miserably at both and changed the flow of the game.

It's not about the win/lost of the game by INT, the decision on the call was wrong. They make the INT call and LSU still loses, half the bama threads on this forum would not be here today.

I look at it this way, momentum needed to score for the lead after an INT is NOT the same as driving to overcome a 2 score lead put on your team. We'll never know.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

oh wait. thats another topic. :hihi:

4. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Well said, and that is the whole point, is that we will never know what might have been.

5. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

Agree. To say LSU would not have scored anyway is false; we just don't know. Just look back to the UGA game for proof.

*Note - I bring up the UGA not for the penalty issues, but as an example of scoring in the last 5 minutes of a game.

6. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat