Bad Storms Hit Baton Rouge Area

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Apr 27, 2015.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Was some scary shit. This morning I got a text from the National Weather Service with a tornado warning and it said TAKE SHELTER NOW! I kind of ignored it for a few minutes because it didn't look bad but a few minutes later it was as black as nightime and the wind started really blowing. I went out into my carport and for about 45 minutes I thought a tornado could it my house any minute. I hope nobody got hurt.

A friend of mine was driving at the time and tooks pictures, He put them on his blog

http://dailycollegefootball.com/

LSUDad likes this.
  3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Damage all over. LSU is closed because of flooded rooms, streets and limbs down. Big trees are down on Nicholson and Stanford. Power is out in many places. Our third-floor conference room has a balcony and the wind was blowing the rain horizontally and under the door, flooding the room and the hallway with an awful lot of water in just 10 minutes. It was the worst spring storm I have ever seen.

Check the internet. There is a video of train cars getting blown off the Huey Long Bridge in New Orleans!

LSUDad likes this.
  4. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

LSUDad likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Forecast for Baton Rouge calls for more heavy thunderstorms tonight.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

We got flooded a week ago in Pineville and it's supposed to be bad again tonight, 6 inches of rain in less than an hour, our neighbor had just gotten new carpet and her house flooded. Was about an inch high in her bedroom.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Yep, that's the way it goes bro. Whenever they call for chances of tornado activities and it's overcast and cool I never worry. On a clear sunny day, bet your ass I'm watching the news.

8. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I spent two hours with sobbing 7th graders sitting in a hallway...

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

This is true. Last Wednesday and again on Friday, our forecast was for severe storms; however, it was cloudy and cool (low 60's, though humid.) While we got a lot of rain and some thunder and lightning, all of the severe weather was just to the south of us where they had gotten sun and temps in the upper 70's.

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

The kids in North Texas are probably more used to severe weather season, but they tend to fear any rain storms. For the longest time, I wondered why my daughters would freak out when it would rain, but then I realized that up here, there is rarely just a good healthy rain. Severe storms like Louisiana saw yesterday is generally how we see rain; 50-60 mph winds are not at all uncommon during a storm.

LSUDad likes this.