Bad Storms Hit Baton Rouge Area

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Apr 27, 2015.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

It's science, you get the clean dry hot or warm air mixing with the wet cold air and it creates shear. I hate forecast that call for storms on a sunny day in May. That shit equals trouble.

StaceyO likes this.
  2. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

First time I've heard this term...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derecho

LSUDad and Bengal B like this.
  3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

It gets used more in the Midwest. I witnessed one in Chicago in the summer of '12. It was insane.

4. shane0911

Well, we had one of those days in the metro and surrounding areas today. Lots of tornadoes on the ground, couple of big'uns but nothing like the monsters of a few years ago. Pretty intense none the less even though none of it ever really got close to me. Damn sirens have been going off since about 5 and still don't know why.

LSUDad likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Maybe this belongs in FSA in the thread about freeloaders but I just heard that if your power was out for more than 24 hours after Monbday's storms you can get emergency food stamps.

6. shane0911

I'd question that, we got this shit nailed down up here. We are pro's at the storm dance. Never heard of that policy. The only thing I have failed at is I have been watching this guy

payne.PNG

Who is as good as it gets when it comes to tornadoes; instead of watching this chic on the other channel who also does the weather, just couldn't find a pic of her doing her job.

lacey.PNG

locoguano likes this.
  7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, you heard wrong. If you already receive food stamps, you can get emergency food stamps to replace food that was lost in the outage. If the president declares a federal emergency, then some people who don't ordinarily qualify for food stamps can receive them, but there are still income limitations.

How is someone a freeloader if she is poor and lost all of her food? Some people were out of power for five days.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

[QUOTE="red55, post: 1461096, member: 701"

How is someone a freeloader if she is poor and lost all of her food? Some people were out of power for five days.[/QUOTE]

The woman I heard talking about it in the dollar store was bragging about getting an extra $300 in addition to her regular $600 montly food stamps because she lived in a zip code where some people had lost power for 24 hours. She seemed pretty knowledgeable about how to work the system.

9. shane0911

Another round coming today

10. shane0911

Shit made me leave today, took off North, don't do that often. Forgot the damn dog