Bama afraid of Murray?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by VampMuse, Dec 1, 2012.

1. hebertjp

hebertjp Founding Member

If Mingo had done it he would have been flagged, possibly ejected and I would have thought 'why the hell did you do that !' If he wasnt flagged I would have thought 'why the hell did you do that. You are lucky you weren't flagged. Dont do that shit again.'

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Gumps don't get it because that's not a personal foul when they do it, it's never been called on them before. Gump rules apply to their logic

3. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

What did you think of the nitwit bulldog player sticking his fingers in Milliner's face mask? Another no call. Then there was Striplin, I guess is his name, number 44, taking a back handed swing at Hayes and finally pushing him down. Why is he in the game after that load of nonsense. Georgia has always played undisciplined football. Cheap shot artist, who's coach often says he couldn't care less. Frankly me too, who cares? "Grown man football." That's a Georgia bulldog quote.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Nonsense. Qb or not this is an illegal play in todays game. I see called every week.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Everybody is involved in the play until the whistle blows. Slippery slope.

col reb likes this.
  6. tirk

That's not how it is anymore, hoss. It's been different for quite some time.

7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Who can you not hit?

8. tirk

A player not in pursuit away from the action draws a flag on every level now. Make it a flatfooted qb on change of possession and you will never not see it.

Not withstanding it was helmet to helmet.

9. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

The helmet to helmet hit should have drawn a flag. If that's the way the rule is written it's wide open for interpretation. How do you define who's in pursuit and where's the line for away from the action?

10. BP

BP Founding Member

I believe I heard from one of the broadcasters that they checked with either a current or former SEC ref who told them tha it was emphasized to refs repeatedly to look for just this sort of thing against a quarterback after an interception. There was a ref in the picture but you couldn't see his face or where he was looking at the time of the hit.