Bama afraid of Murray?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by VampMuse, Dec 1, 2012.

1. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

It's called proximity to the conference's headquarters.

FirstCoastTiger likes this.
  2. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Do you truly believe that? If so, I'm sorry.

3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

So what youre saying is Bama gets no preferential treatment in any way shape or form for any conference decisions. Sorry, go sell naive somewhere else.

4. furduknfish

That's the point you are missing. We (SEC) all are already on that slope, Chief. Except of course Bama. Can you imagine the same hit on AJ and the thunder coming down from Gumpland on SEC headquarters? If not, I hope it happens soon to better illustrate my point.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, I personally think it is just being a homer fan to constantly imagine that some other team always gets the calls and your team doesn't. One can see this on every forum for every team. Not once, NOT ONCE, have I ever seen anybody document this statistically.

Bad calls are part of the game, just like injuries and bad weather. Yes, the home team does seem to get an extra call or two per game, but everyone is a home team about half the time. All-in-all it evens out for everybody.

BayouIrish likes this.
  6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I see a few things.

We got lucky on the schedule this season. We got lucky on the schedule next season. Luck has its way of finding teams sometimes, but ignores teams at other times.

I'm not trying to sell anything here. I do sense you're blinded by loyalty—and I find no fault in that. It's called being a fan. A fan that has taken his fandom a little too far? Certainly.

The fact that it's Saban. The fact that it's Alabama. The last year. The BCS NC's and competing for another. I can see where the angst comes from.

It's my assumption, and I'll readily admit if I'm wrong, that some still have Saban on the brain. I find that perplexing considering the success your program is having.

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Youre absolutely right on 99% of that. However i wouldnt call it Saban on the brain. Its that we know him well enough to know he's a huge prick. Has nothing to do with his coaching ability, we just dont like a prick, much like Stoops or Meyer(sp?).

8. furduknfish

Its not the missed calls. Its the no-calls-at-all that is most disconcerting. Just ask your buddy Terry, what is the ratio of penalties for Bama vs. opponents. Better yet, narrow that to holding calls.

9. furduknfish

Dude, you are so gone its unreal. You admit its happening regularly, for what will be 3 years in a row. Its not luck if you can set your watch by it.

I'm not blinded. But you seem to try and make the case that everyone else here is, besides you and Red of course. I have seen missed calls on LSU all year. I certainlyhave not defended them, even after someone furnished the rule for you.

Yep, go to the Saban jealousy argument. Like a liberal clinging to the race card. You really have disappointed on this one. Have a great day.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, It's your talking point so I'm asking you. What is the ratio of penalties for Bama vs. opponents?

My point did not concern Bama, it was about all teams.