Bama and Auburn look much better this year

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Sep 22, 2002.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Opps put this post in the wrong location.. Anyway

I know it is early, but the one team that has impressed me so far is Bama. Personally I think So. Miss is the best team in Mississippi this year. They took OU to the wire, and their Defense is much better this year. I think they have a good coach as well.

Auburn is showing they got something this year as well. The reason is Cadillac. That guys is a stud. He really is. They have not played anyone yet. WE haven't either except for 5th Virginia Tech. So it is early for all of us.

But I think the division is between 3 teams, Auburn, Bama and LSU with LSU taking the slight edge because we are defending SEC Champions and we get Bama at home, and Auburn's home field advantage has not been much of a home field advantage. I read in the paper they have a rough time selling out and Bama took them 31-7 last year in the "Jungle". However since 99 percent of all Auburn fans hate us. I am sure it will be a packed and fired up crowd for LSU/Auburn this year.

It pains me to say it about Auburn, I think Cadillac is that good. They have little on Offense besides him. But that guys is flat out good.
    If they lose him again, and they are done (Sort of like last year)

Anyway, just some early season thoughts.

Geaux Tigers.

2. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Bama's Galloway is out for season.

Torn ligaments in knee. He will do well in the pros, because he won't play another down for Bama.

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Bummer, that is sad news. He was a great player.

Never like to see a kid hurt.

Geaux Tigers.

4. Dixie Darlin

Dixie Darlin Founding Member

Tyler Watts is out too. Its either an ankle or foot sprain. I'm not
    sure which. Coach Fran is real closed mouthed about injuries unless they are season ending...like Galloways. I'm afraid losing Galloway will really hurt us. He pretty much carried the load. Also
    Brodie Croyle didn't look to great taking over for Watts. I think in time he'll be a good one, but right now he just plays like a freshman (because he is). Hopefully Watts will be ready for Arkansas or we will be in trouble. I don't think Brodie is ready for a big SEC contest yet. I hope I'm wrong though. Well as always good luck throughout the season!

5. BAMAFAN03

BAMAFAN03 Guest

fran will not say if tyler is playing against arkansas or not , so they wont know what to prepare for. he sprained his ankle but that can really vary depending on how serious he sprained it. croyle made me think that with him we are very bland. the kid didnt take pressure and so that lead to hand offs, and maybe 2 or 3 option plays. the option sort of sets up out offense. we come out at first running it pretty ofte, then notice the option pass.galloway was good but i dont think its "season threatening". he may have been more a leader though, but i think our backups will know how to handle it. i dont know if brodie was nervous or what but he couldnt hit anyone. texastigers should have a smart remark to raise his self esteem for today, but thats ok were with buddy!

6. bobmack

bobmack Freshman

We (Bama ) can't win the west officially anyway Tex, so Most Bama people are counting on the Bengals to do the job.
    Just resurrect the "Chinese Bandits" and turn em loose.

Go Tigers and Roll Tide!

7. chuck

chuck Founding Member

Uh . Texastigers

Typically I only like to disagree with you when talking about Tuberville, but I gotta say you are wrong about Jordan Hare not being a home field advantage. In the last two years - that loss to Alabama is the only home filed loss we have suffered. In fact since '99 we have lost:

'99 Florida - home
    '99 Tennessee - away
    '99 MSU - home
    '99 Alabama - home
    '99 Ole Miss - home
    '99 Arkansas - away
    '00 Florida - away
    '00 MSU - away
    '00 Florida - neutral
    '00 Michigan - neutral
    '01 Syracuse - away
    '01 Arkansas - away
    '01 Alabama - home
    '01 LSU - away
    '01 North Carolina - away
    '02 USC - away

So since in the last two years (00-01) we have only lost one home game . . in the last 3 (start of CTT) we have lost 5 (which is not as impressive).