Bama Fans ready to fire Saban lol

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bayou Tiger, Nov 10, 2019.

1. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

2. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

You definitely owe me an "I told you so" and I owe you a "you were right"

So.... you were right. O has exceeded my expectations and delivered.

3. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

What I'm hearing/reading from some Bama fans, is The classic Texas A&M way of thinking "we didn't lose, we just ran out of time"

gynojunkie and ParadiseiNC like this.
  4. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Oh very yes! Their forums—and most of Saban’s remarks—were along the lines of “LSU is not that good, we beat ourselves with mistakes and penalties, a turnover or two taken back and we’d have won.....”.

Sorry, NO! The game was played in real time, with results in real time and no “fairy tale covered in pixie dust” will change the outcome.

Except.....Saban is spreading the latter all over CFB Officialdom, shamelessly spreading his cheeks to any and all who will see the playoffs the way he needs them to.

He virtually farts pixie dust!

ParadiseiNC and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  5. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I hate to say it, but what Saban is going to do by trying to convince the powers that be that they are legit, isn't that much different from use in 2007 and Miles with the whole, "We did not lose in regulation" thing... and being the plea will be coming from Saban, you can bet your bottom dollar that they will slide in over a more deserving candidate.

That said, I am a fan of "If you don't win your conference championship, then you don't go to the playoffs" philosophy. That is, since the current play off system does not support wildcards.

ParadiseiNC and KyleK like this.
  6. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Not close to the same lsu was conference champs that year. There will.be a big 12 or pac 12 champ with 1 loss. They are more deserving than the gumps.

didit likes this.
  7. CaryLab

CaryLab Founding Member

Believe me I in no way want to see Bama in the playoff but a one loss PAC 12 or Big 12 Champ is not more deserving when you factor in who they lost to. Bama’s only defeat will be to the number one team. No other one loss team has a chance to overcome them. The only argument is if you say you have to be conference champ.

8. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Conference champ will be 12-1 with a championship that is stronger. They will have more quality wins than bamas 1.

9. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

There should be a penalty for losing your conference\division IMO, like a losers bracket. You should also be rewarded for a great season. 5 conference champs 4 get bye weeks. Then in week 1 of the playoffs 7 at large teams plus the 5th ranked conference champ play to meet the 4 on bye in week 2, and the championship in week 3.

Drop 1 of the cupcake games.

Winston1 likes this.
  10. msully

msully Founding Member

You are right
    We can score