Bama game, most important game of the last 3 seasons?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Nov 1, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I really hope you are right. I think we win this game, but if we don't......the wheels could fall off.

2. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Not quitting, too harsh. But when you play your number 1 rival and lose, especially in dramatic fashion, it can deflate the team. I thought Florida had a let down after their loss to Bama. They didn't quit, but lost some confidence and swagger and could easily have lost 4 in a row.

3. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

I agree with Red. The main reason these kids come to LSU in the first place is to show off their skills for NFL scouts. You don't increase your draft stock by pouting over a couple of losses.

I would blame their record after Bama being more pressure-oriented. One loss...no problem. You could still end up in a major bowl. Two or more...the pressure to win increases. The worse your record gets, the worse bowl you get, thereby decreasing the amount of exposure for your "brand".

By this logic, EVERY game from here out is the most important. We could beat Bama, drop one to Ole Miss, and you may still see some of that erroneous play that pressure breeds in a young team.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I guess whatever makes you sleep better at night.

I havent seen LSU quit in the past 10 years, but thats just my OP.

There are 2 reasons LSU has lost games these past 3 years.

Got our ass kicked
    Self inflected mistakes

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Agreed, what happens if they beat Bama and lose to Ole Miss. It wont matter much, every game is huge for any team. Bama is a great team and wants to win as well. Its not that they will "lose" if they do indeed lose. There is a great chance LSU just got beat by a better football team. That is not the end of the world. Its just a fact. So all you can do is play the next game and try to win thus making that the most important game of the season. We are TD underdogs. We are not expected to win.

The beauty of College Football is as the season goes, the pressure mounts.
    Unlike any other sport.

I could argue the Arkansas game is the most important game of the season. But that is me personally I think.

6. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

I'd say the rest of the season is the most imortant for the year.

Bama, Ol Lady, Arkansas .. all will be tough games, and we have to win them all to grab a good bowl game. If Bama and GA beat AU, there is a possibility that we go to the SEC CG, .. and a slim chance we go to the Ball.

Let's just hope Jarret Lee wasn't just talking when he said "we fixed those things".

We'll see.

7. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

This is a hard thing for a lot of Tiger fans to accept. In their minds, we are the ONLY team out there that's good enough win every game...LOL!

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I agree.

Say what you want about Miles, but giving up or mailing it in is not a a trait of his players.

9. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Im not sure its the biggest, but its certainly up there. To say its not important is laughable. Its a lot for LSU as a school and its perception, as well as for Miles. LSU has imploded at the end of the last two seasons. Does this game start the third straight? LSU has championship talent but no focus or discipline, with regression marring two straight seasons.

Its important because LSU has fallen from the elite perch. A loss here and LSU is now pretty much a 4-5 SEC team. Which honestly isnt bad, but its not where we should be.

10. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

Last year's home game against UF was big... we laid an egg in that one.

Last week's game against Auburn was pretty big.

I'm not sure if this is the biggest game in the last 3 years, but it's pretty big... real big.

IF we can win we can get a BCS At Large bid.