Bama game, most important game of the last 3 seasons?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Gold Nugget

Gold Nugget Veteran Member

2008 was just a strange year. No way we should have gotten behind Troy 31-3, but to have a let down vs a SunBelt team a week after that Alabama game was expected. Now that did get too far out of hand, but in the end LSU did win. And Ole Miss in 2008 late in the season was probably the second best team in the SEC after Florida. The Arkansas game was bad, but then Georgia Tech was smashed in the Peach.

Ole Miss and Arkansas were pretty good teams in 2009. I don't see how anyone can think we "quit" vs them. They certainly weren't great teams, but neither was LSU.

Sure, this one is big, but the Auburn one was bigger. Still if we win Saturday and win out and Auburn runs the table and goes to Glendale, we will probably go to the Sugar Bowl. 11-1 with a shot at 12-1 is pretty darn good.

If we do lose to Alabama, we haven't beaten Ole Miss since 2007 and Arkansas has its best team since 2006 so there are some big games left. Can't imagine them mailing it in.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Teams have bad games, especially late in the season in the meat of the SEC schedule. People get hurt. We started a QB in the bowl game that had been the #4 QB the previous summer. What did NOT happen was a team rolling over and quitting as you seem to imagine. How long you been watching this here game?

Yes, I do. We didn't have a quarterback and still finished in the upper tier of the SEC. Taking a loss to a lesser team happens too and it doesn't mean that someone "rolled over and quit". Some day again you'll see another 2-8 LSU team and see real quitting players and you'll know just how wrong you are.

Jesus H. Christ, now you're bitching that we rolled over and quit a couple of wins! What a friggin' crybaby. You want some tissues? Maybe we should go over to namby-pamby land where maybe we could find some self-confidence for you, 'ya Jackwagon!

[​IMG]

3. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

I would say this game is close to one maybe #2. Either way this is a make or break game for the season no doubt. If we win we stand a good chance of making a BCS bowl. Arkansas is tough though can't sleep on them, even ole miss could beat us. Either way I am a optimist but I see us losing one more game to either Bama or ARK. I would rather beat Bama but we will see.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

ok, wasn't whining, and never accused anyone of rolling over, just asking the question because 1 year, fine, 2 years eh... 3 years????? Like i said in the first post, maybe they just were spent after the Bama game and didn't have anything left, and I really think we will beat Bama, but if we don't, I think this team has a real, real possibility, of dropping 2 of the last 3.

5. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

I absolutely love that commercial!

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I think we have a real ,real possibility of winning both those games, too. This team loses because it has a lousy offense, but it has won games all year with a lousy offense. This team hasn't lost because it quit or ran out of gas.

7. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I was at that game in War Memorial in '08... LSU in the second half just rolled up and quit. It was obvious not only in the BS penalty ridden drive where we gave them the entire length of the field and a score, but I witnessed players yelling at each other, calling each other names and using language in general that was quite less then family approved language. The team gave up that day... not sure what was said afterwards, but LSU came in and rolled GT.

8. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

yep

we are playing for the Sugar Bowl

9. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Lets not get ahead of yourself there slick... after Bama there's still 3 games and a conference championship... if we get through it all then you can start thinking of BCS bowl games.

10. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Biggest game...NO.

We're in the same position we've been in for three seasons...WEAK QB PLAY.

We could compete with anyone but spend 50%+ of our time with Jefferson at QB so our chances at a SEC West title or BCS game are slim.

If the defense or special teams don't score, we'll probably lose. We can't expect JJ to generate more than a few FGs. If Alabama is smart they'll take advantage of our first two offensive series and try to put us in a hole. That will force JL into a bad situation. If this occurs, we can expect to lose and JJ will again start in the next game. :dis:

Our defense needs to play well as our offense can't take advantage of talent without a QB.

I believe our game with Auburn was more important as we had an opportunity to move into the top two in the BCS and establish a starting QB with JL. Miles did what everyone expected and the results were exactly as we thought they would be. If we don't do something different this week, it will be the same result.

Has our backup RB thrown more TD passes in the last seven games than our starting QB?