bama got in!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tiger777, Mar 16, 2003.

1. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

I can't believe they got in after losing in the first round in the sec tourny.

2. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

That is total crap. They are 6-9 in their last 15 and lost to Vandy twice during the season and SEC tourney.

3. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Just proves that Bama gets the breaks.

4. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Tennessee got screwed. They were 9-7 in the same league as Bama and played in the tougher East.

5. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I agree...I was shocked that Alabama University of Tuscaloosa got in and UT didn't.

6. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

Guess the NCAA did not want to have a former #1 team during the season not make the tourney. It would have been the first.

7. BigJ4LSU

BigJ4LSU Founding Member

I nearly kicked my tv when it showed Bama making it.

8. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Founding Member

I posted this on Feb 26 about Alabama:

The NCAA tournament will probably take 6 teams from the SEC because of it’s RPI ranking. 7 teams from the SEC - maybe. Essentially, LSU is fighting Auburn and Alabama for the last spot. Current SEC records:

Auburn 7-6 (No Quality win outside the conference)
    LSU 5-8 (Beat #1 Arizona)
    Alabama 5-8 (Beat Oklahoma, Xavier and Ohio State) (Better SOS)

Auburn plays at home against Florida and Arkansas and away against Mississippi State. 8-8 is a realistic record for Auburn. Alabama play Mississippi and South Carolina home and LSU away. 7-9 is a realistic record maybe 8-8. Where does LSU fit in? At a minimum winning 2 of 3 remaining games and a strong showing in the SEC Tournament for a possibility. A strong showing is playing on Saturday, which is essentially the Final Four. Alabama has the definite edge on getting the last spot plus they held the #1 ranking at one time, which would throw egg in the face of the NCAA if team ranked #1 at one time in the season does not get into the BIG DANCE.
    :

9. Latide97

Latide97 Founding Member

Yall sound pretty whiny, I was happy that LSU got in along with all the other SEC schools. It goes to show how much jealousy other sec fans have for bama. Yall maybe pulling against bama, but I hope all of the sec schools go far. Good Luck!

10. J_Oats

J_Oats Founding Member

What possible reason could anyone have of being jelous of bama?? I didn't think that they, nor Auburn deserved to get in. I think Tennessee did deserve to get in, along with Texas Tech.