Bama had a bad day

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bayou Tiger, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Who will Aranda choose as his offensive coordinator? I’m writing off the next two seasons. Baby Huey is a good coach , not a great coach. In the SEC only being good means a case of terminal 9-3.

2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

we used to finish 3rd or 4th in the country.

lsu-i-like and stevescookin like this.
  3. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

It seems this is happened many times. The recruit decides to go someplace else, But then does it to try to inflict maximum pain upon us. Seems Bama is on the other end quite often.

didit and lsu-i-like like this.
  4. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

It doesn’t matter with the dwarf, he will still win championships. Dude can flat out coach college football. He losses players and coaches every year and still plays for trophies, the only constant on his team is him. I can’t stand him!

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The disappointment for me is Goodrich. Apparently he was wanting to come to LSU as late as last Sunday and O wouldn’t offer because he was hoarding scholarships. No one likes to be a fallback plan.

Bengal B, Pjoe and lsu-i-like like this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Exactly. Foster was at best a 50-50 shot.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

"O wouldn't offer" sounds like he was just being a dick. Surtain was the #1 at his position, and committed for 2 years to us. You can't say to Surtain, well we're going another direction because you're visiting other schools. So that's 1/4 slots taken. Chase is a given slot, so that's 2/4. If you feel you have a legit shot at QB, Foster, and you have none committed, that's a slot, 3/4. Lastly, KJ is a top player that has already shut down recruitment, 4/4 slots. What else would you want him to do re: Goodrich. Of course, we wanted him, but 4/4 slots are spoken for unless something unexpected happens.........which, did. Hindsight is 20/20.

Providing hearsay like "apparently he wanted to come to LSU as soon as Sunday" is a good soundbite, but isn't concrete. Suppose O told Goodrich, one of these spots is yours, and Surtain or Foster were on the outside looking in? Then Surtain gets pissed, and states he's going to sign w/Bama. And, Foster, same thing. People would be bitching that we let the top CB go to Bama to land a less heralded guy from MO, and let our only hope at QB this class go. Then, on signing day, Goodrich signs w/GA or Clemson anyway.

LSUDieHard, didit and six pack dan like this.
  8. six pack dan

six pack dan 16 team playoff advocate

Recruiting rankings are bullcrap anyway. I trust our coaches and what they saw in our recruits.

9. didit

didit Veteran Member

some on the forum have ranked this recruiting cycle a c-/d+... i don't know how anyone can look at LSU gettingt 8 of the top 10 recruits from the boot, and then look at the OL and DL haul we got, the backs and wrs we pulled in and give this class anything less than a low B... well, if you don't like the head coach, i can see it...

10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

The writing was on the wall for Foster. With the new rules you can’t afford to be taking long shots; missing on QB had effectively already happened because of the Canada fiasco (it was pretty well known for a while Foster wasn’t coming), we should have moved on with Goodrich and hoped to get two great CBs. Six CBs on roster isn’t overkill.

ParadiseiNC likes this.