Bama Hate Week(s)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CajunlostinCali, Oct 23, 2016.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Good ole Opie. Used to watch him in high school. He was pretty good back then, he wasn't the same guy at Alabama that he was at Southlake Carroll. He won a lot, but the stats weren't nearly the same. Seemed like he was handing it off way more at Alabama, that's to be expected.

What do you think about the loss of Eddie Jackson and how does that hurt your defense and special teams?

2. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Eddie Jackson was a tough blow no doubt. He brought a lot of experience and leadership that will be missed. Best returner and most reliable, which as you know may mean as much with punt returns. Maybe we replace him on special teams by committee. We have a freshman, Xavian Marks, that returned punts this season and has even brought one back for a TD earlier in the season.

Tony Brown has been on suspension the first 4 games and has played sparingly in the rotation, again just being Tony Brown. He played against the aggies as soon as Jackson went out, so I'm. assuming he will see a lot more reps in Jackson's place. Hootie Jones has been seeing a lot of the field since early season at safety and Harrison is a fixture. No doubt we will be in our base defense a lot more for LSU than at any time this season.

3. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

It will be a loss but I think you guys are pretty deep in the secondary, much like we are.

As far as Saban goes you have to give the guy credit, he is really good at the college level. He will go down as the best ever as far as winning and championships. The problem with most of us at LSU is we all see "what could have been" here at LSU. Had Saban not left us we would probably have 6-8 NC just based on our talent and what he has done Bama. Personally I think he is a pompous ass with a control issue, but as far as coaching college kids it works for him. Please excuse my kind words since this is a hate Bama thread.

With that said I hate Bama and hope we smoke them by 50 and Saban gets caught with a syphillitic prostitute on Burbon St.

4. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

Saban might be the best college coach ever. But he couldn't hack it in the NFL, which means although you are revered as a college coach and you can continue to reload year after year at a college powerhouse and get paid handsomely to do so, ultimately, you sit in the back behind Brown, Lombardi, Shula, Landry, Noll, Parcells, Walsh, and Belichick.

Probably behind Carroll and Jimmie Johnson also...

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think he has evolved and I hate to say that. Sure he may bitch Lane out every now and then but there is no doubt who is running that offense. Saban was NEVER a guy who could have turned Blake Sims into a legitimate quarterback in college, just ask Marcus Randall.

6. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

You guys took a perfectly good hate thread and turned it into a discussion.

Lovely.

Richdog, didit, shane0911 and 3 others like this.
  7. tigerbait3

tigerbait3 Freshman

Seeing as how Im the most unbiased person here (have a degree from LSU and Bama), Ill just go ahead and say LSU wins 27-23. Not sure we'd win more than Bama out of 100, but the stadium will be electric, this is our coaches' Super Bowl, and we're obviously playing very well.

Look for Jamal Adams to become a household name after this game.

8. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

Sorry @CajunlostinCali, I knew you were going to get me as I typed it. If it makes you feel better we can get on the south balcony and piss on his head when he walks in the stadium. And you are right we ruined a perfectly good thread.

9. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

I accept your kind words as the honest to goodness truth. As for the mean stuff, I just brush it off as bad peer pressure that was bound to rub off from years in the den. I blame tirk mostly, man's incorrigible.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I hate rich Rodriguez for taking the Bama job then backing out. fuck you rich rod.

he was the catalyst for all the bama success under saban. Fuck him too (saban). I now hate Christmas bc of him and him alone.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    shane0911, TerryP and furduknfish like this.