Bama is in the catbird seat !

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by westtxtiger, Nov 20, 2011.

1. westtxtiger

westtxtiger Founding Member

They are actually in better shape than we are. They just beat Auburn and it looks like they are in the big dance. We loose to Arkansas and were done. Gumps are golden either way !

2. bluemoon22

bluemoon22 Freshman

I don't want to play them again. I wish there was a way to play someone new. Hopefully something will happen!

3. Mjolnir

Mjolnir Prodigal Son

I agree. Unless the BCS starts the politicking crap they pulled in 1998.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Alabama!

Alabama! Veteran Member

It is not a foregone conclusion that LSU will be "done" if you lose to Arkansas. The computer polls, and some humans, my still favor LSU over Arkansas.

1. Bama
    2. LSU
    3. Arkansas

is possible. In which case LSU goes to the SECCG.

5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

What is it with the word lose? How can so many people "misspell" it and add an extra o? Loose means not tight, as in a loose knot. To loose a game shows poor grammar, which leads to the posters remaining comments being of questionable intellect. I am not perfect in typing out quick posts either, and I am not trying to be a d***, but too many people use the word loose as lose, i.e. too loosely, that it makes me think many really think that is the correct spelling.

Having said all that, Bama is in the catbird seat, but some say if LSU loses a close one to Arky, that Arky will overtake Bama. Personally, I don't see that. If we beat Arky this week, what is the point of the SEC CG and BCS CG. We would have beaten 3 teams ranked in the top 3 at the moment we played them, and the only undefeated team amongst the top ones. This is another year that this BCS nonsense may rob somebody, unless LSU continues to beat top teams, even in rematches. A national playoff of conference champions, without any conference CGs, would be best this year for sure.

6. Mjolnir

Mjolnir Prodigal Son

Like a good gamebred Pit Bulldog you whip whatever arse comes your way. You'll win some you may lose some but you NEVER SHY AWAY from any. I welcome the rough schedule, the SEC Champ game and especially a rematch with ARGUABLY the best coach and team. Beat them twice and it's all the more special. It would be one for the Ages, no doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. ramahsghost

ramahsghost Veteran Member

I don't see it that way ... They gotta come into the Dome and beat the LSU Tigers ... The only thing they get outta the deal is butthurt

Only an idiot would post negative crap about us losing to Arkansas or GA.

Seven SEC games ... No one has scored 2 TDs on LSU all season. JJ getting red hot ... and that Line and those RBs

P~H~U~K~K~I~N~G
    G~U~T~S~T~O~M~P

8. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

You are wrong. LSU has to win out; their destiny is in their own hands. Bama has to win out and they need help from Arkansas (a win) and possibly other teams. Consider, even if Arkansas wins, if Bama doesn’t get to the SEC Title Game, there are lots of poll voters that will not want to see them go to the BCS NC game. So, even if Arkansas wins next Friday, there is no guarantee Bama goes to the BCS NC game or even a BCS bowl.

No one is in the “catbird seat”. All the teams have business to take care of. The difference with LSU is that their future is in their own hands and not dependent on what happens in a game they aren’t playing in.

:eek:ldskule:

9. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

But LSU beat Bama in their own house AND had a much harder schedule (See strength of schedule)

So why would Bama be ranked ahead of LSU ?
    I am confused.
    LSU beat Bama hence the same record LSU > Bama.
    I repeat IN Bama...

10. Alabama!

Alabama! Veteran Member

It's the typical 3-way tie argument, each team can make the argument if a team they beat ends up ahead of them. The bottom line is that someone has to be at #1, someone at #2, and someone at #3.

Losing late in the season tends to hurt teams more than early wins, but LSU's resume this year is very impressive. I just don't know how they would respond of you lose to the pigs. If it a close game (which is likely in an LSU loss) then LSU and Arkansas and Bama may each get a share of 1'st, 2'nd, and 3'rd place votes.

It would be interesting (and nerve racking!) :)