Bama @ LSU Predictions/whos going

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUweezie, Feb 20, 2005.

1. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

I can't see Alabama beating UK, they do not match up well against the 'Cats. State HAS to beat Alabama to earn even a wiff of an at-large bid. The blow out at Tuscaloosa was the start of State's fall. I think they'll be ready for pay back. Toss in a loss Tuesday night and Bama could have 5 league losses. However, this team has the talent that it should not have to come down to hoping Alabama loses thrice. Blown opportunities...

Houston, making a nice closing finish and possibly snagging an NCAA bid (ours?), is not a team we should have lost to in December. We have more talent. Growing pains with Tack? I disagree. NCAA's or not, I do not see John Brady having the ability to coach LSU to the upper level of college basketball.

2. Carface

Carface What the...?

I'll be there as usual.

The number is different for each game. Usually 6 or 7, though.

3. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

It should be a good game. I'll be there and I think the largest crowd of the season will be there as well.

One other thing, it seems to me that they always announce actual attendance for men's basketball, yet for other sports the paid attendance gets released. I know that for the women's game vs. Tennessee there definitely wasn't 15K+ actually there. The nonconference patsy football games never have # of people released actually there. LSU baseball games often have no shows, but the paid attendance is the one that shows up in the paper.

I think that this may have something to do with the lack of attendance. Who wants to go to a game where only 7500 showed up? It's alot more exciting to be there for large crowds and I think if paid attendance was announced, people would be more likely to go be a part of the crowd. Winning helps but if LSU would only release the paid figures I think attendance would be higher.

Am I crazy here?

4. Carface

Carface What the...?

Yeah, they already have one in Biloxi, New Orleans, Metairie, and Shreveport.

Remember reading an article about this sort of deal in the Reveille a while back. Here's an excerpt:

Rest of the article is here:
    http://www.lsureveille.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2004/02/20/4035b0991beb0?in_archive=1