Bama Observations

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Nov 7, 2009.

1. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

It is hard to watch my tigers lose and especially to those horses rear ends from bama.

On Coaching: I am a Les Miles supporter and will be till he takes his last breath. But to even attempt to block that kick was the worst coaching decision i have ever seen. You only do that if you are behind more than a score. I think even Les would say that.

Crowton i am not impressed with. LSU runs the option the worst of any team i have ever seen. Crowton has not taught our qb to run it properly. It is not designed well and Tom Osboune must be squirming in his seat watching that disaster being called the option. Crowton may be a good coach but his gameplans and playcalling are subpar for an SEC team and the salary he is getting. I have yet to see a misdirection play in our running game all year.

The refs were absolutely horrible. It is a disgrace to the SEC and is clear to me that the refs are told by the sec office who to have win games. Or else vegas has control and they are on the take. It is one or the other.

Our players made their share of mistakes as well but they played hard and deserved a better fate. Jefferson was playing well and i think our offense stands a much better chance if he doesnt go out. He still is not as polished as he will be with more experience but has continued to improve.

I thought on this day bama coaches did a better job with their halftime adj. Chavis should have prepared a 9 in the box to counter their running game. Their qb is not an accurate passer and i would have blitzed him every single time he was in the shotgun. Saban kept blitzing jefferson continuously.

And i am going to question this teams conditioning. I thought they ran out of gas in the 4th qtr and i dont think we kept fresh legs on our dline.

We have to get our team up and finish the season strong. We have a chance to win our remaining 3 games and go to a quality bowl game.

I predicted 9-3 but i dont see any reason we cant win the rest of our games to go 11-2 with losses to number 1 and 3. It is going to be tough because this one hurt but lets cry about it tonight and lets take it out on our remaining opponents.

I am a LSU Tiger win or lose and i thought we gave em all they wanted.
    I am proud to pull for this team and lets get back and finish strong.

And even though they(Bama) won they dont have a bye week after us and i think their bye week before our game helped them in the fourth qtr. And most teams struggle after playing our tigers because we are a physical team.

I think Bama maybe better bring their refs with them to starkvegas or they leave no longer undefeated.

Lets Geaux Tigers and give em hell the rest of the way.

1 person likes this.
  2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I agree.

Now, do we have enough players left to field a team?

3. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

Les Miles is the head coach... If Crowton is messing up its up to Miles to straighten it out.. Miles was in charge last year when the defense had such a hard time. If LSU is successful or not the head coach is the man responable for what happens on the field... When we won the NC Miles was the coach... I don't understand blaming everyone on the team but the head coach when things are going wrong... We have a chance to go 10-2 with this team & if we do that - WOW, with this team that would be totally Awesome I think. Oh, I agree on that punt block call, seems we would have wanted the ball. Maybe the coach had no faith in this team driving the length of the field again with a different QB? :geaux:

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Am i the only one that saw JJ play the option perfect a number of times?

5. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

If you think that was running the option perfect then you have never seen it run perfect before.

We had a couple of plays where we picked up a few yards but that is far from running it perfect.

Go back and watch old time Nebraska football and you will see how it is supposed to be run. But they signed qb's just to run it.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

SO the fact that Bama played it well doesnt factor into this?

7. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

there were only two plays that worked in our favor. most times, when JJ runs the option, he has no threat of running it basically taking the option out of the option. it ends up being a toss play with no line movement to the outside.

and it's almost always to the short side of the field.

8. BamaBengalTiger

BamaBengalTiger Geaux Tigers !!!!!

Yep.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

SO in double option JJ MAKING the Defender sell out on him and then pitch is wrong?

Or when they covered scott and he cut up and got 4-5 yrds is wrong?

just b/c we don't get 20 yrds per doenst mean we arent playing it good.

Now the short side crap = dumb I dunno wtf is up with that, but Bama played it well on D too.

JJ had MAJOR improvement in his option game tonight.

Anyone remember his option play vs GT?

10. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Amen, this is a great team and I am a fan of Les Miles.

But please PLEASE beat Arkansas if we do anything please beat Arkansas...

This can still be an outstanding Season and will be

1 person likes this.