Bama "RUMOR"....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geauxscott, Apr 25, 2003.

1. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

not really one that enjoys spreading rumors but, since there is not much converstation going on, HERE YA GO....

Alabama HC Mike Price was at a charity golf tourny in Pensecola, FL this past weekend. Word is that misteriously coach Price's credit card ended up in a prostitutes hands in FLA. I don't know if anything happend between the two, but the word is that the prostitute did not steal or find it!!:D :D .....The card which belonged to the University was charged somewhere around $5000.

I heard this on a few talk radio shows today, here in Mobile. They said that it is being discussed on many of the Auburn/Bama boards...so if you would like to see what they are saying about it check it out....

I really hope this turns out to be just a "RUMOR" because that would be really embarrassing for an already troubled Bama program......I'm not saying there is any truth to this....just thought I would throw it out there to get some kind of conversation going in this down time in the sports world!!!

2. EliteLSU1

EliteLSU1 Founding Member

Let's think about it...

Let's really take a look at this.

1) It would only be embarassing to Arkansas if the Prostitutes weren't his sister or mother.

2) It would only be embarassing to Tennessee if the prostitute was found to be Fat Fulmer in drag.

3) It would only be embarassing to USC (John David Booty) if the prostitue wasn't a transvestite.

4) It would only be embarassing to Texas A&M if the whole student body hasn't kissed her to celebrate there only Touchdown next year before there new coach quits.

As far as Alabama, I got there back here. He is the most powerful man in Alabama right now. He should be able to whatever he wants to do in Alabama. Hell he should be proud of himself for having enough pride in himself to not sleep with an Auburn girl.

3. ricky

ricky Freshman

I hope that its not true but if it is I hope that he doesn't follow the example of Clinton and Swaggart. Be a man and ride off into the sunset.

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

This is as probably as accurate as Nick Saban just signed on with Holy Cross to coach their Womens swim team.

5. geauxscott

Well since I haven't heard anything since friday about this....I am officially considering this 100% bullshit.

I apoligize for being one to spread a "RUMOR", but it was a huge topic on Mobile, AL sports talk shows on friday. I just thought I would share it with you, for a converstion piece, in case some of it was indeed true.

But because nothing else has been heard, this is probably just another "Saban speech type rumor" that was created by someone with no life.

6. SoonerLeigh

SoonerLeigh Founding Member

Greetings

I was told you had a great board, and so far I have not been disappointed. We have used the same software and have been very happy.

I love your avatar choices, except for the obvious omission of the privilege of using my own since you have none for Sooners.

I also detest posting anything negative for my first post on your board. But I have a problem with the thread about Coach Price. For openers, I don't know the man. If we had not played WSU in the Rose Bowl, I might not ever paid much attention to him. However, we do have a return game with Alabama in September and will face him again.

But that has nothing to do with the point of my post. I believe the fan base of any program whose coach has a problem, if it is true, is entitled to know the truth and to talk about it. But that is as far as it should go. There are some things that should be off limits.

I am not of the persuasion that believes the morals and personal behavior of our coaches is none of our business, but when it comes to fodder for a fan message board, I have a problem with having it discussed on opponents' boards.

Sorry to wade in on this one so vehemently on my first post. I do not even know if there is one iota of truth to the story. I have nothing to add to that part.

Once again, you have a great looking board and one that is very user friendly.

Hope you will let me come back and post again, but you all are welcome to flame away, if you prefer.

:rolleyes:

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Well I'll be damned! Small world! Good to see you on another SEC site Leigh. Brett has a pretty neat thing going here, I'll agree. ('cept these gawd awful colors ;) )

This rumor is yet another example of the sad state of affairs within the realm of radio sports shows.

This story was started Friday, by an Auburn fan known for his lies and embellishments on radio, but allowed to start this rumor about 5 large to a call girl. The Auburnite has started these things before...the last claiming Todd Bates was illegally recruited. What's interesting about this fan is everytime he comes out with some outlandish story within a week or two something is exposed at the school on the plains. The last time, in relation to the Bates story, was the PLOI their basketball program received.

So, here I await...not about to be surprised if some story rears it's ugly head in regards to Auburn, soon.

FWIW, there was a credit card stolen, and it was charged on. But, it having something to do with our Athletic Department is just an embellishment, a lie, or whatever you want to call it. Calling it a rumor seems to polite.

T

8. geauxscott

Welcome to the board, SoonerLeigh!!!

Your comments are 100% welcome. Sorry that you disagree so much about the thread. Living in Mobile, this is all a heard on the radio on Friday and just thought I would throw it out, to see if anyone outside of Alabama had heard anything. Obviously no one did. There really hasn't been any disussion about it on this board, just a topic and 2-3 comments, not much discussion. I have drawn my own conclusion and already submitted a retraction (see above post by me).

this was started by an Auburn fan with no life, and thats it. Sorry if anyone got angry by me posting the topic.

9. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Welcome SoonerLeigh.

Our philosophy regarding posting is that we tend to allow more than we delete. We try to let subjects and opinions stand on their own merits. Since this was being discussed on Alabama sports radio and seemed to have quite a bit of life on the other Bama boards, I let it stay. I figured this would turn out to be un-true and the discussion has been polite and fair. Whatever comes to light regarding this topic is welcome to be posted. Because of our liberal posting policy, Bama fans are free to post any facts or information they have that will refute the allegations.

While I do my best to encourage the tone of what I think TigerForums.com should be, ie. passionate, civil, on-topic, I don't play morality police all the time. An opposing coach's extra-marital affair probably wouldn't be allowed but if an opposing coach is arrested for something, it's a matter of public record and open for discussion.

Don't get me wrong. I will not allow what I know to be a blatant lie to go unchecked here. I also allow more leeway with stories about coaches than I do players. It's all about riding that fine line between allowing free speech to our members and keeping lies and rumors out.

Welcome to the board. I didn't realize I had disabled custom avatars. I'll look into it. Feel free to post anytime.

10. ricky

ricky Freshman

Well spoken. I love this board. Welcome new posters. Its great to live in America and be a poster. Rumor or not it was Quite entertaining. Its not like Auburn and Alabama have never kicked dirt on each other before.