Bama "RUMOR"....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geauxscott, Apr 25, 2003.

1. SoonerLeigh

SoonerLeigh Founding Member

Wow, no flames or anything!! Thanks, Tigers. I am not one to visit too many boards from other schools, but yours caught my eye for many reasons, not the least of which is your software, as I already said.

Sorry again that my first posts was so harsh, but chalk that up to my school teacher past.

I do have a Sooner helmet that is very small and not offensive at all that I would love to use. We have not enabled the avators yet on our board, but only because we are still very, very new. We opened our doors, so to speak, the last week in October, and it has been like a whirlwind ever since.

Since I am a lifelong Dallas Cowboys fan, I was tickled they drafted Bradie James today. He will be a great fit with Terence Newman and the real Roy Williams in the Dallas defense. Besides, at Oklahoma, we like to think we know great linebackers when we see them, and James was a steal in the fourth round. IMHO

2. SoonerLeigh

Darn, I forgot to say thank you to Terry from TideFans. He is a regular on OUBoards.com, and I appreciate his telling me about your board. Sorry, Terry. :D

3. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

SoonerLeigh.

I just wanted to let you know that I checked the forum settings, and I have custom avatars enabled. You can upload and use your own avatar as long as it's under 100x100 pixels and 20kb in size.

Just go to "Edit Options" in your Control Panel at the top of the page and click on "Change Avatar" at the bottom. Let me know if you're having trouble and I'll take care of it for you.

4. Tuwho?

Tuwho? Banned Forever

Hey Brett sounds like you and SoonerLeigh should add links to each others message board. Welcome aboard Soonerleigh its always a pleasure to have new and intelligent posters on here!!

5. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Welcome SoonerLeigh! I'm a Tiger from Tulsa and a huge OU fan. They are definitely my #2 team! Glad to have another Okie on the board!

6. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Welcome to the board. I am very unfamilliar with OU, so here's your chance to be an ambassador and rectify that.

7. lsu nut

lsu nut Founding Member

I dated a girl that was an OU alum--- was the oddest relationship I have had. I try not to hold that against OU though.

8. SoonerLeigh

Hey, guys, I can honestly say this is the warmest welcome I have ever received from the board of another school! Wow.

Brett, your link is now on the front page of our board and we added one of your avatars to the list. There are only three avatars for other schools. LSU, Alabama, and Texas. If you prefer a different one, just let me know, or dsooter, the web master on OUBoards.

We have some really nice Longhorns on our board and several posters from Alabama. We are very different from OUFans or OUInsider and always will be, thank God!

Has anyone posted any information about Bradie James yet and I missed it? I guess I need to go through the other threads more carefully.

How is Ben Wilkerson doing? I remember he was injured last year, and I thougth he came back, but I could be completely off the wall about that. He was a player who was recruited by Oklahoma and I really fell in love with the young man during that time. I remember when your center was hurt and he had to start out of the blue as a true freshman, if I am not mistaken. I would love an update on him.

Thanks for the welcome, everyone. If you want to check out my board, just click on my signature.

9. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Welcome......

Pretty much everyone on this board is cordial but can go off at times.

Wilkerson's been great. he did injure his back last year and had surgery in the off season but is suppose to be ok. He did end up starting as a frosh. I think initially due to injury but I think it was only a matter of time. If LSU has any strength this coming season O-line will be it. With BW and some of the other hosses up front they should be pretty good. If we can just find a damn QB.....

Which leads to my next queston. How is Rawls doing? You will see on here alot of jawing towards Evangel and it's former players...another story for another day but if you look at some of the other threads you'll get the point. Also, there is a kid from Baton Rouge - Christian Life that signed with OU last year...can't remember his name for the life of me....but how is he doing?

Gonna check out your board.

10. SoonerLeigh

Glad to hear the good news about Wilkerson. As I recall, he was a fine young man, not just a great player. A center with outstanding leadership skills, besides the obvious physical ones needed, can be the difference between a good season and a championship one.

I am somewhat familiar with the Evangel-Booty saga, but only as an outsider. I know the father was fired and the son is enrolling early at USC. Isn't there another son? I also heard that a quarterback from McKinney, Texas, is moving to Shreveport to compete for the quarterback slot.

Tristen Ross is the wide receiver who committed to Oklahoma and will enroll this fall. He is the first player from Evangel since Rawls, unless I have missed something.

Now for the ongoing Rawls saga. To cut to the chase at this point, he has a great shot at the starting slot this fall, but he has to work his tail off this summer if he wants the job. His skills are not in question, which is obvious, but his dedication has been the issue. Will he show up everyday for summer conditioning? Will he keep his nose in the playbook until he knows it backwards and forwards like the other quarterbacks? Will he step up leadership wise? Will he make all the necessary disciplinary changes that he has just begun to do this last semester and hang in there? I am betting he will, from all the scoop I am hearing, but only time will tell. I will come back again and add some more to the competition story, since Jason White is definitely the leading candidate right now.