Bama "RUMOR"....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geauxscott, Apr 25, 2003.

1. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Wilkerson does look to be a pretty good guy. Saw him on an LSU sports show a few months back and he seems to be a pretty sharp kid.

the common theme from alot of LSU fans or Louisiana people in general (there are several dissenters though) is that Evangel kids are products of the system and don't amt to much in colllege. None has yet to live up to the hype or be an impact player in college.

On the other kid, I wasn't referring to another Evangel kid. there is a kid from here in Baton Rouge who went to Christian Life Academy who signed with OU last year. I think he played LB or SS or something like that. Want to say his last name was Ruff? Ruffin? Can't remember for sure. Ring a bell?

2. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

I have an update on Ben Wilkerson as far as his health goes. I was at the gym this Friday and saw him playing pickup games with a couple of other LSU football players. He moved well and appeared completely recovered from his injury. So i take it he is going to be a big contributor this season.

3. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Rufus Alexander was a LB at Christian Life Academy who signed with OU in 2002. Don't know much about him though. He did redshirt last year. He's listed at 6-1, 220, 4.49 time.

4. SoonerLeigh

SoonerLeigh Founding Member

Rufus Alexander!! Right! Well, good news and bad. Until the Red & White game on April 12th he was making a huge impact at linebacker, which is no small feat at Oklahoma right now with Teddy Lehman and Lance Mitchell, both probable Butkus finalists. However, Rufus tore his ACL during the game and will be out until the middle of the season. The bad news is that he redshirted last year and was definitely the star of the future as far as Brent Venables, co-defensive coordinator and linebackers coach, was concerned. I thought Coach Venables was as down about Alexander's injury as anything I have seen from him since the OSU game and we were totally embarrassed.

I have heard the stories about the Evangel system before. Whether it is true with Brent Rawls or not, I can tell you he has a cannon for an arm and could be a real star if he listens to Chuck Long, our OC.

Tristen Ross is another story entirely. His father was a star at Oklahoma and our coaches have been high on Ross since he was a sophomore, which is very unusual for this staff. I can only think of one other player who was offered a scholarship as a sophomore and that was Rhett Bomar. Bob Stoops called Ross the most naturally gifted wideout he had seen since some guy from Florida, whose name escapes me right now.

5. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

There is another Booty, he is about 13 years old I beleive and is considered a "budding quarterback."

What I heard is in So Cal there is a new private high school which Rick and Casey Clausen's younger brother will be attending and it was implied indirectly that Johnny Booty(the father) may be involved with that school in some capacity. I heard this on Sports Monday TV show here in Baton Rouge.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

7. SoonerLeigh

SoonerLeigh Founding Member

I have edited my original post to reflect the policy being employed on my own board. I agree, for the most part, and I decided I needed to set the record straight after my formal posturing in my first post. Live and learn, as they say, and we are never too old to do just that.

I still hope the story is inaccurate. I remember when our program deteriorated further after probation. If we had hired a good coach after Gary Gibbs was fired in 1994, instead of the two clowns we hired, we might have prevented the continuation of the downward spiraling.

The humiliating saga that took place under John Blake was more than any program should have to endure. Can you believe we just hoped Bob Stoops would get eleven players on the field for special teams and not screw it up? Thank God, he had higher aspirations and fulfilled them. Trust me, it was more than the fans deserved at the time. As fans, we were barely out of our twelve-step programs designed to live with permanent football failure. That is barely a joke.

8. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

posted by me on Friday April 25,
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by geauxscott
    not really one that enjoys spreading rumors but, since there is not much converstation going on, HERE YA GO....

Alabama HC Mike Price was at a charity golf tourny in Pensecola, FL this past weekend. Word is that misteriously coach Price's credit card ended up in a prostitutes hands in FLA. I don't know if anything happend between the two, but the word is that the prostitute did not steal or find it!! .....The card which belonged to the University was charged somewhere around $5000.

I heard this on a few talk radio shows today, here in Mobile. They said that it is being discussed on many of the Auburn/Bama boards...so if you would like to see what they are saying about it check it out....

I really hope this turns out to be just a "RUMOR" because that would be really embarrassing for an already troubled Bama program......I'm not saying there is any truth to this....just thought I would throw it out there to get some kind of conversation going in this down time in the sports world!!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

didn't here anything for a day or so, so I considered it bogus!!

quote:
    Well since I haven't heard anything since friday about this....I am officially considering this 100% bullshit.

I apoligize for being one to spread a "RUMOR", but it was a huge topic on Mobile, AL sports talk shows on friday. I just thought I would share it with you, for a converstion piece, in case some of it was indeed true.

But because nothing else has been heard, this is probably just another "Saban speech type rumor" that was created by someone with no life.

quote:
    I have drawn my own conclusion and already submitted a retraction (see above post by me).

I am now printing a retraction of my retraction.

This is a said day for the bama world, they are in a world of trouble. What do they do now?
    Hire a permenent Head Coach?
    Promote an assistant for next year, and spend this year looking for a good head coach, because face it they are not playing for anything this year?

what do you think should be done

9. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Promote one of Price's sons. Then he could hire his dad as an assist.