Bama suspends Smith

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by KHOOTS, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Berge

Berge Founding Member

I don't. If he were an LSU player I would be pissed.

He knows the rules. He was thinking about himself before the team. (Of course, if he signed with an agent. We still don't know the details)

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I think it's because he changed his name to Aundra and that pissed Saban off.

3. DRC

DRC TigerNator

My boss is never wrong about gump affairs. His nose is chin deep up the athletic departments butt.

4. RedElephants

RedElephants Founding Member

I knew that an agent was involved...I was just saying that I didn't think he ever signed.

Until the details are worked out and the whole story is out, I will hold off on being pissed, but something tells me that it's not ALL on Andre.

I dunno. We will see. :dis:

5. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

didn't this happen to marquise hill or someone else like that here??

anyway, if bama's losing at halftime, i'm sure we'll still see smith.:wink:

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I think Marquise wanted to come back to LSU but crossed the point of no return and could not.

7. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Too bad about Smith. Those agents are predatory hookers sometimes. They know exactly what they're doing and the kids often don't. I'm glad though that it wasn't because of an arrest or something. Bama doesn't need that kind of press.

I don't think they'll be losing at halftime. Beautiful Samantha won't be crying about bad D (unless she's a Ute fan).

8. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Saban makes it sound like Smith made a poor choice that hurt the Bama football program:

"The University of Alabama, the team and the football program are more important than any individual player," Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban said in a statement Monday. "Everyone on our team depends on each other to be responsible, to make good choices and decisions relative to their actions."

"It is bad news," quarterback John Parker Wilson said.

"He kind of showed remorse and apologized," Caldwell said.

Saban also makes it sound like Smith is leaving early to go to the NFL:

"Andre Smith has done an outstanding job in our program as a person, student and a player and we will do all we can as an institution to support him in all future endeavors," Saban said."

Earlier this month, Smith said he submitted his name to the NFL draft advisory board for feedback on his draft status.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081229/ap_on_sp_co_ne/fbc_alabama_smith_suspended

9. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Smith wasnt going back to Bama anyway. He's going to be a top 5 NFL pick. Now he cant no matter what he wants and Satan basically said that.

10. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

Smith has not signed with an agent. A family member took out an insurance policy on Andre after the SECCG through an agent and it was reported. That is why Andre has been suspended and sent home.