Bama suspends Smith

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by KHOOTS, Dec 29, 2008.

1. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Article by a Bama fan:

Alabama's Andre Smith Earns NCAA "Mr. Stupidity of the Year" Award

As SportsCenter and pretty much all ESPN channels in ticker tape are reporting...They officially said he "violated team rules," but it has been found out that he had illegal contact with an agent.
    I am an Alabama fan, so hearing our best lineman act like a complete retard is hard to hear.
    I hope Smith realizes the damage he has done to his team here.
    I also hope he doesn't hurt himself when he leaves for Indianapolis for the draft combine. That would be terrible, wouldn't it? A guy who leaves his team out to dry all to have a good NFL career goes and has a bad combine. Therefore making his draft stock go down. And don't say it isn't possible; every year a guy looks good in college and does poorly at the combine and slips in the draft. He may look like the best O-lineman now, but many others can step up and start to look better. Especially if Smith looks bad in anything he does. At least we know it is now certain he is going to the NFL and leaving a year early. Thanks for the surprise, Smith.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ith-earns-ncaa-mr-stupidity-of-the-year-award

2. Chukker V

Chukker V Freshman

A real reminder for all fans to enjoy the good games and good times when they are happening...you never know when a downer is just around the corner.

3. gotboost?

gotboost? Founding Member

i wish him the best but man thats got to hurt some friendships, ya think ?

4. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Especially is 'Bama loses and pressure on the QB from the left side is a contributing factor...

5. NELA_Tigerfan

NELA_Tigerfan When's kickoff?

6. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

rumors out that this occurred prior to Alabama's game with Mississippi State .....

7. NELA_Tigerfan

NELA_Tigerfan When's kickoff?

Implications?

8. RedElephants

RedElephants Founding Member

Fixed it for ya :thumb:

They are already claiming 7 in a row now praying it was an ineligible player. :hihi:

From what I have heard around the campfire in the Athletics Office is that it was post-SECCG.

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i wondered what the rumors would be on when whatever it was happened. ineligible player for a few games? how sad.:hihi:

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It happens often enough. The Louisiana legislature actually made inproper agent contact with an active college player a crime in Louisiana because of trouble we had with agents tempting players in the past.