Bama up 42 on Miss State on ESPN

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BB, Jan 18, 2005.

1. BB

BB Founding Member

What an ass kicking...

This is a men's basketball game by the way - not a football replay.

2. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

I'm watching it now. Bama up by 6 TDs. Last few times a non-LSU thread was posted on here it was canned. Maybe this one will survive if LSU is at least mentioned.

Bama takin'em to the ole woodshed.
    [​IMG]

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

98-49. they held em under 100. moral victory. wonder how the brady lynch mob would feel with that score.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Gottfried might get lynched when they go to Starkville. Starters were pulled with less than 2 minutes left. They were putting up 3s like they were 10 points behind. Some will speculate that the flagrant foul caused that, but, the guy was going for the ball. I hope MSU returns the favor.

5. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

I'm thinking that Stansbury's gonna remember this later in the season when bammer goes to Starkvegas...

6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I find it amusing this morning to see talk over the 'net about how badly we took it to Stansbury State last night. It is enough to make me curious where all the uproar was when the Bulldogs did close to the same to Auburn just a few weeks ago.

FWIW, we average over 20 3 pt. attempts per game. When you shoot close to 60% from the field the score adds up quickly. And, that flagrant foul did fire the team up quite a bit. All that being said, after witnessing Stansbury's behavior and their fans antics in T-town over the past few years I can assure you I feel no sympathy towards MSU this morning.

7. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Wasn't MSU a favorite to challenge Kentucky for the SEC?

8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Yes. The injury to Frazier is something they haven't worked through yet.

9. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

I saw MSU play at the Sugar Bowl classic and really was not impressed at all with their play.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I didn't see the MSU-Auburn game but I did see last night's game. When a coach has a chance like that to get his bench some valuable game time, he should take advantage of it. He could have cleared his bench with 10:00 left and still won by 20 or 30. Gottfried was running it up, which is his prerogative, but don't be surprised if you get your ass whipped in Starksville. I think the refs made the right call on the "flagrant" foul but, from the replay, it did not look like he was trying to take your guy down.