Bama with another loss...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GatorInvader, Feb 14, 2002.

1. GatorInvader

GatorInvader Freshman

perhaps.

According to www.footballscoop.com/scoop

"Rumor in Birmingham is that the Alabama AD has given Dennis Franchione permission to talk to the Glazer brothers about the Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coaching job, and the feeling is that he will accept it if offered. How many of his assistants would leave with him is unknown, since Tampa has kept most of their defensive staff by holding them to their contracts"

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

This is about as Credible (Not you. the story itself) as the Saban to every open position in the US.

Fran is not going anywhere. And personally I hope he doesn't. I like the guy.

Geaux Tigers.

3. GatorInvader

GatorInvader Freshman

thanks for separating me from the rumor originators!!!! :D

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Gatorinvader. Nice to have you here We hope the years of Florida taking us to the woodshed each game have been Zooked !!!!!. (Except for 97 of course.... ;) )

I am still trying to figure out how LSU got Florida every year as their east team and Alabama got Vandy....

ANyway, glad to have you around.

So as a Gatorfan (Which I assume from your name and location)
    what are your thoughts on Zook. I am sure you are sick of answering the question so if you are tired of it just ignore my post.

Personally I think Florida wont skip a beat for a few years. He can recruit but recruiting is only half the battle. You have to coach after that. But next year I think Florida will again be a force. Until Visor's boys are gone that is when you see what Zook is all about. I believe I can coach the Gators to a top 10 finish with the talent they have...

Geaux Tigers.

5. GatorInvader

GatorInvader Freshman

My feeling about Zook so far is he's wonderful! He hasn't lost a single game! :cool:

But really, his staff hires seem great and recruiting this year was awesome (considering the facts) and I look forward to see what he can do with a year under his belt. Our DL coach is from the Miami area and should get us back into South Fl recruiting. Couple others know Tennessee and Texas areas. We even have a couple of former Tiger coaches.

Having said that (or typed it), he hasn't coached a game here yet. He'll bring in even better talent than Spurrier but as you said, we'll see what he does with it. Our new assistants are exciting. We've seen what Marshall's offense has looked like over the years and Ark's defense was just as stellar. The defense REALLY excites me as it will be active and aggressive. Bye, bye zone D. :)

As for Vandy...watch out in 2025! ;)

6. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I was kind of young when Zaunbrecher was at LSU but I remember people complaining because of predictable habits the offense had (like running on 1st and 10 70% of the time) under his leadership. LSU's balanced offense was different than Marshall's wide-open Florida style offense of late and I was wondering how long he's coached this new "trendy" type of offense. Does anyone know or have any other comments about his time at LSU as a coach? Also, has he hired a QB coach and does he plan to have one?

7. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

ULM

Forget about the Z man at LSU look at the years at Northeast Louisiana University. Yeah he was the Head Coach in early 90's middle 90's who cares he is not Visor Boy.... Thank God.

ITS SO LOUD YOUR DEAF

8. BamaBengal

BamaBengal Founding Member

Hey guys, this from Coach Fran on going to Tampa: Amazing. Never been interested, no one has contacted me, and where do people get this stuff?! Check out bamavillage for more info or coachfran.com. Just a rumor. We hear similar things about him as y'all do with Saban.

9. puttytat

puttytat Founding Member

YEP..........

I do not think coach Fran is going anywhere. Us LSU fans know how 'Bama fans feel as far as this goes, maybe even more so.

10. GatorInvader

GatorInvader Freshman

I'm pretty sure I read he'll be coaching the QBs himself.