"Bama's Bounty?" Will the SEC Suspend Dial?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by FirstCoastTiger, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

And he's the only halfway decent ref in the SEC.

2. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Again, you are not nearly as witty as you think, lest you believe Mile's middle name is Tecumseh. I would offer this observation, besides Red, you two Gumps are the only ones defending Dial. Dog indeed. Again, perhaps MT will do you a favor and visit the same upon AJ on his first possesion come Jan. Bama never loses, they just unwin.

FirstCoastTiger and ParadiseiNC like this.
  3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

i honestly do not know the rule in college football.

but it is definitely illegal in the NFL to hit the QB after a turnover.

4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

You may consider yourself with "no dog in the hunt" but there's certainly a desire to be Master of the Hounds. The insinuation that you're not emotionally invested is a feeble. It's clearly evidenced by consistently moving from a team like Miss. State, the A&M, the Auburn, then Georgia, and now Notre Dame hoping they'll win. It's evidenced by the amount of threads discussing things around the Alabama program.

There are many degrees of fanaticism/fandom and there isn't anything wrong with which degree you find yourself being a part of; as long as it's within reason. No matter the fan base fervor like that is found in all of them.

I find it amusing that you suggest if the play had reached Murray you think he wouldn't have attempted to make the tackle. I find your assertion I have zero objectivity and I"m a unabashed homer with merit. I interpret comments like that and "you can't fix stupid" as attempts to draw me into some verbal sparring match. Using your terminology, that's a dog hunt without a fox to chase.

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I haven't watched a down of NFL football in close to a decade. It wasn't due to so many rule changes moving the sport away from what I call "true football," but the things that continually happen off the playing field.

That said, I've heard people like Mike Golic comment on players getting a penalty for something as little as a slap on the helmet when they are rushing the quarterback. That's absurd in my eyes.

I can't stand what the NFL has turned into in today's time. A league celebrated for it's ability to put the best athletes against the best athletes, teams limited to the amount of talent they can have on a roster but at the same time protecting certain players from the game itself. How close are we to the game becoming one where the QB is down when touched?

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I'm not defending Dial, he lowered the helmet. I'm suggesting that football is a rough sport and I don't like it turned into powderpuff. I'm suggesting that quarterbacks who don't want to be blocked on a turnover had better slide. I'm suggesting that it's foolish to criticize a play that we are likely to be on the hitting end of from time to time.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

How is being headhunted considered powderpuff?

VampMuse likes this.
  8. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

I think red might just hate Murray

9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

This is irony at its best.

Anyone here care to guess where Shaw attended college? :D

10. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

Just means not all Gumps are biased pieces of shit. Take a hint from him and agree with him.

Contained Chaos likes this.