Bama's Schedule a joke again next year

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by vshouse, Dec 19, 2013.

1. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Wasnt talking about CG, bro.

2. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

We always control our own destiny because they are in the West. So if we can't beat them, shame on us...

GregLSU and StaceyO like this.
  3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

That is exactly what other conferences said about us (SEC) for years. They've finally learned how to play the BCS "game" and now it's changing.

So true.

4. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Have you looked at LSU's schedule over the next couple of seasons?

OOC besides Wisconsin is pretty damn weak. ULM, New Mexico State, Sam Houston, Eastern Michigan, Western Kentucky, Jacksonville State, and South Alabama.

Not much room to argue there.

5. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

The BCS provided some incentive for schools to schedule more difficult non-conference opponents. You needed that added boost to your strength of schedule to try to get into the final two. Now that the goal is final four and soon to be final eight, schools will be scheduling more cupcakes. An undefeated record will become more important.

6. lsutygr69

lsutygr69 Founding Member

I wish this were not true but I do believe you will be correct. I personally hate it when we schedule all the cupcakes. Maybe two at the most if your in conference schedule is a bit tougher.

Richdog likes this.
  7. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

LSU is my favorite SEC team...has been or a while... and one of the reasons has been your OOC schedule versus what other SEC teams do. Florida is a joke....Tennessee is the only "east" teams that seems to step outside the boundaries. (They should stop immediately, lol).

What is adding to the softness is the expanded conferences....at least your in the west and get the "A" schools.... but any given year can create some weak schedules on paper....even in the best of conferences. The PAC has a 9 game conference schedule and the B!G goes to nine games next year I think..... maybe that's what should happen in all the expanded conferences.....

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  8. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Personally, I don't like the scheduling of cupcakes period. I know it's very difficult to get the top teams from all conferences to considered playing a team like LSU. And I know that there will be down years in the SEC, even in the west.

However, I prefer the mentality, anyone, anywhere, anytime.

And 9 game conference schedule would be better than a cupcake game with South Alabama. I suppose the worst team in the east is still better than that.

9. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Ehh...you never know what Florida is bringing to the table. They had a rough year after being ravaged by injury, but they might bounce back next year and be close to dominant again. You know if they're healthy they're going to field a good defense.

I would call this particular schedule more lucky then anything. We all thought Florida would be great this year after what they accomplished last year.

10. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

Yes Finally......Alabama has been getting away with it the last 7 or 8 years....so I guess LSU figures if they can do it then so should we.

TigerTap likes this.