Band debates playing touchdown song at games

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Sep 25, 2007.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I assume you're speaking about the student section and not the band. Judging by the comments from the little freshman bitch, though:

I don't think there will be any choice.

Youth is wasted on the young.:dis:

3. LSUGradin99

Yes, the student section.

4. DRC

DRC TigerNator

The student section is a strange animal. There is always a group that wants to take it to the next level, break new ground, make their own mark, etc. I think thats what these students are doing but they are embarrassing us and spitting on our traditions. Its going to take a strong move by the administration to get them in line or they will just buck the traditions to make their point.

Here is a rediculous statement. Dont pussy foot around and call our students the greatest in the country then call their behaviour one of the worst displays of sportsmanship you've seen. That is sending the wrong message. Call them what they are and maybe you will get the point across. Too much politically correct BS.

5. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

This really ticks me off. LSU has great crowd interaction because of the chants that are associated with the band. Not many schools have that tradition and it is unique. Leave it punk @ss students to not only ruin a good tradition but now they may actually take away that tradition and interaction from other fans.

Somebody needs to make an announcement, press release, and maybe even a statement at the game concerning this.

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I sort of liked the suggestion by someone in Fried's thread about selling off a part of the student section to start next year. Let them know they can't act like that.

Also, would it be possible to ticket students acting obscenely?

I watched the game on TV; however, and I couldn't make out what the student section was saying.

7. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Sending cops into the student section to remove people would set off a full-scale riot that the whole country would be talking about.

8. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

Yeah, 100-150 cops vs 3000+ drunk and rowdy 20-somethings. That could only end well :dis:

what they did this weekend crossed the line, but you all come of as a bunch of oldtimers whining about those damn young whippersnappers.

9. LSUGradin99

On the flip side, there are the youngsters who don't give a darn about the reputation of the university we all love. Just as long as they can say and do what they want, all is well.

10. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

If the nation saw a bunch of cops patrolling the bleachers at a Tiger game and throwing kids out who say naughty words, I'm thinking applications would plummet. How's that for damaging the university?