Band debates playing touchdown song at games

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Sep 25, 2007.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Why are you responding to me saying that? Nowhere did I mention anything about cops throwing kids out.

2. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

True, but it's not like folks in the student section have never said anything worse in the past. This year's batch is just more co-ordinated.

3. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

My mistake. Lumped two opinions together.

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

That's the problem. They are going out of their way in order to have these things heard by everyone.

5. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

No doubt. LSU didn't get where it is because the bad language in the cheers was instrumental in getting us there... We can do without it. I don't mind some of it, but when several thousand fans and students alike drop the F-bomb repeatedly on national television it lacks class. Now, more than ever, we should be setting an example of how a top-tier team and it's fan base behaves....

I'd wager those people shouting those obscene cheers this past Saturday are among the first to puff their chest out when someone in the media says something about how LSU fans lack class... Go figure.

6. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

Now you are asking for a riot. Not to mention how fantastic a gaping section in the north endzone will look on TV.

Look, our team, especially our D, and specifically Dorsey, feed off of the energy from the student section. Take that away and you might as well be playing on the road, in purple jerseys, at 11 in the morning :eek: And we all know some rowdy and nasty folks who sit near us in the rest of the stadium. As I said these guys are just more coordinated.

7. khounba

khounba Founding Member

He doesn't watch to many sporting events I guess.

If they cut out the song then the students will just have to freestyle it. Nobody wants that.

The students have been saying "Kick their a$$" for many years. Why hasn't the Geaux Tigers cheer been abolished?

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

i have a solution. we invent new swear words. real punishers. then we downgrade the current ones. so the f word gets the same power as "crap" or "poop", and the new words are off-limits and hurt our feelings. we downgrade cock to the same status as weenie. the students can go nuts and everything is cool.

then, in 2030 when kids have no class and they start dropping the new ones, we break out a new batch and, bam, we are safe again.

9. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Sending cops in would be a disaster. Its pretty simple though. The administration lays down the rules so all students are aware. Then from now on they place 2 or 3 fixed cameras on the student section. Its pretty easy to read lips and figure out whats going on. Suspend their passes for a game if they are caught on tape violating the rules. That would put an end to much of the embarrassing stuff right away.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

even that will not work. the only thing you can do about this is ask nicely.

you can throw out 4 dudes is they scream blasphemies, but when 500 are doing it there is nothing you can do. you cant regulate that many peeps in a situation like this.

most effective thing would be a tape les or trindon or somebody and put em on jumbotron before the game thanking the students for their energy and asking very very nicely to respect children and stuff.