Band debates playing touchdown song at games

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Sep 25, 2007.

1. ibldprplgld

ibldprplgld Founding Member

Does it matter either way? :wink:

But seriously though, hopefully they would learn that being a die-hard tiger fan does NOT mean belittling the opposing team. I also think a big part of is that they are young, and do not remember the dark days of Dinardo -- they only know LSU as being a dominant team and posting Ws.

Should we make it to the MNC, the good news is, they wont have enough priority points to get tickets! So not only will LSU win (hopefully, of course) but the nation will get to see TRUE LSU fans (students included) showcased.

2. LSUgirlinTx

LSUgirlinTx Is it game time yet?

This is usually what happens. My crew was ultra loud and annoying (many many taunts for the poor guy who was inside the Ellis suit- remember that thing?). But, as you get into your last two years of college your classes get harder, you have more responcibilities (my husband had to take the PE exam during the Ole Miss game one year- can you imagine taking a difficult exam and smelling bbq?), etc.
    They calmed down by Senior year, and would school the freshman in how to do things.

Really? This happens? (pulls out a pen and pencil) Wherebouts do you say they sit again?

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Two demerits for a transparent euphemism!

4. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i don't know when you were at LSU but i was there 94-99 (the 5 yr plan) and the fraternities had student reserved seating and didn't get there till kickoff. the only thing they had organized was taping fifths to their date's thighs and taking wild swings at each other in the 2nd quarter which would cause everyone's head to whip around to peep out the fight.

i kinda feel bad for the band. they're like the teacher in a class ruined by bad apples. it's really that fair that they have to stop playing a song b/c bad fans are messing it up.

5. Berge

Berge Founding Member

There are still sections like that. I think they only get it for one game. The section in front of the band is empty up until kickoff, and even then, it doesn't fill up halfway most games (this year only VT was it filled). And it is always Greek seating.

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Of course Greek seating is going to be like that. They have a ton of reserved room for themselves and dates and obviously not all of them will go to the game. It will never change.

7. Rex C.

Rex C. member

This is by far the best idea I've heard all week.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I was chanting spurrier is a cock but it never caught on.

9. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

To me its not a big deal, Its just teenagers acting like teenagers. As a father of a teenager the worst thing to do is act like its getting under our skin. When teenagers sense that The problem will become worse.
    For the record ........The gamecocks have heard YOU SUCK COCKS! many many many times before last Sat. The LSU student body deserves no credit for that slogan.

2 people like this.
  10. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

I have an idea: let's bring our kids to a game where the objective is to inflict massive violence on a stranger whose sole transgression is holding a football, and then get really pissy when someone says a cuss word.

1 person likes this.