Bandwagon or True LSU??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerFan101, Apr 13, 2004.

1. TigerFan101

TigerFan101 Founding Member

Couldent help but to mention this:

There is (or was) a bama fan here in north alabama that I happen to have had contact with (dont know him personally). He went to UAH (university of alabama at/in huntsville) in north alabama. Also, he was born in and has lived in alabama his whole life. He and his young son went to the LSU Bama game this year.

According to his wife, when they left the house, he and his young son were supposedly bama fans as her husband had been for all his life.... the next day when they returned from the game, they were wearing only purple and gold :shock: ....strange but true.... This is coming from a man who before this point didnt even like fans of teams (esp. alabama fans) who have never even been to their teams campus (as in visited at all). The problem is now that as an LSU "fan," he has never been to the great state of Louisiana at all, let alone LSU's campus. A bit unusual isint it?? :shock:

what has the world come too????

2. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

The word that comes to mind is:

hypocrite

\Hyp"o*crite\, n. [F., fr. L. hypocrita, Gr. ? one who plays a part on the stage, a dissembler, feigner. See Hypocrisy.] One who plays a part; especially, one who, for the purpose of winning approbation of favor, puts on a fair outside seeming; one who feigns to be other and better than he is; a false pretender to virtue or piety; one who simulates virtue or piety; one who claims to be a Bama fan and comes home in purple & gold.

I'd say your buddy is the walking definition of same...

Glad to have him on our side, but which way is the wind blowin' next week?

3. TigerFan101

I have never actually met this man, but he knows my father... the one who told me this story... just had to post it because of the ..... wierdness factor. I am sure there are some new "tiger fans" (aka bandwagon fans) ... and esp. after jan. 4th, but it seems very strange to me for a longtime bama fan to just - swap (for lack of a better word).

Note: I really wouldent consider him my "buddy"..... and am going to get back to BR asap

4. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Many fans who begin as bandwagon fans can become true Tigers. I think its great that people who have no tie to this state or our university want to be LSU fans!

5. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I like that people across the country are becoming LSU fans. Of course, this may add to the stories of unruly Tiger fans simply because there are more of us. Also, bandwagon fans are usually (not always) more obnoxious. I know that the national championship can't possibly mean as much to someone who just started rooting for LSU as it would to a lifelong fan. Kinda like me rooting for UConn to win the NCAA tourney this year. I felt like I had to pick a team when LSU wasn't in the dance and Okafor seemed like such a class guy that I picked UConn. Now, I don't expect to get the same satisfaction as a "true" UConn fan would because I only followed them closely for about a month.

6. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

I can't balme people for getting hooked on LSU. You're never too old to become a Tiger fan.

7. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Pretty, well, pathetic, IMO.

True-blue bandwagon fan, obviously.

I know a guy who swears he's both a Florida and an Oklahoma fan. My own sister, born/raised in New Orleans but a transplanted Longhorn fan due to 5 yrs in Austin, busts out an LSU hat this past New Years, talking about "her Tigers"...lol.

Oh well...

8. Da-veed

Da-veed Freshman

The alumni assoc. calls them ABC Tigers, Alumni By Choise. LSU is big enough to allow for all types of fans and can accept their enthusiam(sp?) support and donations. Many families still need that first member to step up and become an alumni. You never know if his son becomes the steal of a recruit for the class of 2012.

9. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

He was "Blinded by the light"!! Don't make some difference when you become aware, just so long as you does! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

10. TigerFan101

:grin: lol :grin:

I am just wondering if it he will stick with :lsug: for the rest of his life.... or the rest of the year.

Then again if his son does go to LSU then thats fine by me...

a whole lot better than going to Bama :D