Bandwagon

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Golden Tiger, Oct 12, 2003.

1. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

Well it's that time of the year where the bandwagon fans start jumping off at the first chance they get. I'm just glad these "fans"
    don't play for the team or we would not win another game this year.
    We lost one game, the Team played like crap, this was not one persons fault or a Coach's fault. We have won as a team this year
    and we happend to loose as a team. We will regroup and move on, the season is still ahead of us.

Geaux Tigers.................

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I don't necessarily think complaining about the performance yesterday would mean that people are jumping off the bandwagon...

But, to see us so clearly out-coached by not responding to simple subtleties like them using no huddle, quick snaps...or us not reacting to the fact that they were ONLY calling 3 and 5 step drops early...Or by NOT calling vertically challenging plays...or at least giving Justin Vincent an OPPORTUNITY to get into the game or develop a rhythm after Addai's injury...It was depressing...

It is one game, but it was a garish, greusome loss. Our coaching staff the past 3+ years have been lauded by yours truly and others on their ability to react, to scheme, and to get this team prepared. To see them fall so flatly and hard on their faces yesterday was truly disappointing.

The team played flat, and that's not the media. That's not the fans. That's not the AD's job. That's the STAFF's job. The player's take a large onus for it, but the buck stops with the staff as well...

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Well said TigerEducated

4. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

I did not point out any names, but there sure is alot of people blaming ONE person or ONE Coach ect ect ect.......

TE you have been on this fourm for a while and you post what you think, I don't have a problem with that. I don't have a problem with someone pointing out what they think is a problem, its just funny after a loss you see alot of people turn their backs on this team and it's players when they loved them before.

5. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Hey man...I'm not turning my back...I think this team has LOADS of remaining potential...

This was a reality check...

For the defense we thought was amazing which is actually vulnerable.

For the offense we think has the "potential" to be explosive.

For the coaching staff on defense that reacted slower than Christmas on December 26th...

For the coaching staff on offense who went down with the ship being steered by a quarterback who played poorly, and didn't try ANYTHING to spark the O in any way, and who didn't allow the running back to develop a rhythm or allow the O-line to try runblocking.

It was a poor performance by the wideouts-early on. They missed reads, and I even saw Saban chewing on Michael Clayton on the first pick, because replays showed Mauck CLEARLY thought he was turning the opposite way on that up and out route...

It was a poor performance by the TE's...They bobbled catches, and Edwards gave up on a LONG gainer when he saw Mauck roll right...and I hate to say it, it was one of the FEW times when Mauck actually did roll back and look downfield. Our receivers were probably so surprised that he actually DID, they weren't prepared...

Just a total gut check here. South Carolina has an OUTSTANDING corp of running backs, and a strong armed quarterback. They've got a wideout who TOASTED Cory Webster on that early play against USC in Tiger Stadium last year...

We will TRULY see what this team is all about next Saturday...on the road, against a good team...and it sets up the stretch run...