Barack scares me

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SabanFan, Apr 11, 2008.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

According to Snopes, this remains under investigation. It's a column by Ken Blackwell of the New York Sun:

Ken Blackwell - Columnist for the New York Sun

It's an amazing time to be alive in America. We're in a year of firsts in
    this presidential election: the first viable woman candidate; the first
    viable African-American candidate; and, a candidate who is the first
    frontrunning freedom fighter over 70. The next president of America will
    be a first.

We won't truly be in an election of firsts, however, until we judge every
    candidate by where they stand. We won't arrive where we should be unti l
    we no longer talk about skin color or gender. Now that Barack Obama
    steps to the front of the Democratic field, we need to stop talking about
    his race, and start talking about his policies and his politics.

The reality is this: Though the Democ rats will not have a nominee until
    August, unless Hillary Clinton drops out, Mr. Obama is now the
    frontrunner, and its time America takes a closer and deeper look at him.
    Some pundits are calling him the next John F. Kennedy. He's not. He's the
    next George McGovern. And it's time people learned the facts.

Because the truth is that Mr. Obama is the single most liberal senator in
    the entire U.S. Senate. He is more liberal than Ted Kennedy, Bernie
    Sanders, or Mrs. Clinton. Never in my life have I seen a presidential
    frontrunner whose rhetoric is so far removed from his record. Walter
    Mondale promised to raise our taxes, and he lost. George McGovern promised
    military weakness, and he lost. Michael Dukakis promised a liberal
    domestic agenda, and he l ost.

Yet Mr. Obama is promising all those things, and he's not behind in the
    polls. Why? Because the press has dealt with him as if he were in a beauty
    pageant. Mr. Obama talks about getting past party, getting past red and
    blue, to lead the United States of America. But let's look at the more
    defined strokes of who he is underneath this superficial "beauty."

Start with national security, since the president's most important duties
    are as commander-in-chief. Over the summer, Mr. Obama talked about
    invading Pakistan, a nation armed with nuclear weapons; meeting without
    preconditions with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who vows to destroy Israel and
    create another Holocaust; and Kim Jong II, who is murdering and starving
    his people, but emphasized that the nuclear option was off the table
    against terrorists - something no president has ever taken off the table
    since we created nuclear weapons in the 1940s. Even Democrats who have
    worked in national security condemned all of those remarks. Mr. Obama is a
    foreign-policy novice who would put our national security at risk.

Next, consider economic policy. For all its faults, our health care system
    is the strongest in the world. And free trade agreements, created by Bill
    Clinton as well as President Bush, have made more goods more affordable so
    that even people of modest means can live a life that no one imagined a
    generation ago. Yet Mr. Obama promises to raise taxes on "the rich." How
    to fix Social Security? Raise taxes. How to fix Medicare? Raise taxes.
    Prescription drugs? Raise taxes. Free college? Raise taxes. Socialize
    medicine? Raise taxes. His solution to everything is to have government
    take it over. Big Brother on steroids, funded by your paycheck.

Finally, look at the social issues. Mr. Obama had the audacity to open a
    stadium rally by saying, "All praise and glory to God!" but says that
    Christian leaders speaking for life and marriage have "hijacked" -
    hijacked - Christianity. He is pro-partial birth abortion, and promises to
    appoint Supreme Court justices who will rule any restriction on it
    unconstitutional. He espouses the abortion views of Margaret Sanger, one
    of the early advocates of racial cleansing. His spiritual leaders endorse
    homosexual marriage, and he is moving in that direction. In Illinois, he
    refused to vote against a s tatewide ban - ban - on all handguns in the
    state. These are radical left, Hollywood, and San Francis co values, not
    Middle America values.

The real Mr. Obama is an easy target for the general election. Mrs.
    Clinton is a far tougher opponent. But Mr. Obama could win if people don't
    start looking behind his veneer and flowery speeches. His vision of
    "bringing America together" means saying that those who disagree with his
    agenda for America are hijackers or warmongers. Uniting th e country means
    adopting his liberal agenda and abandoning any conflicting beliefs.

But right now everyone is talking about how eloquent of a speaker he is
    and - yes - they're talking about his race. Those should never be the
    factors on which we base our choice for president. Mr. Obama's radical
    agenda sets him far outside the American mainstream, to the left of Mrs.
    Clinton.

It's time to talk about the real Barack Obama. In an election of firsts,
    let's first make sure we elect the person who is qualified to be our
    president in a nuclear age during a global civilizational war.

Subject: Kind of scary, wouldn't you think
    According to The Book of Revelations the anti-christ is:
    The anti-christ will be a man, in his 40s, of MUSLIM descent, who will
    deceive the nations with persuasive language, and have a MASSIVE
    Christ-like appeal....the prophecy says that people will flock to him and
    he will promise false hope and world peace, and when he is in power, will
    destroy everything. Is it OBAMA??

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Considering the source:rofl: Ken Blackwell;

http://www.newshounds.us/2006/06/21/campaign_ad_for_ken_blackwell_disguised_as_news_segment.php

1. "...on January 16, 2006, a group of 31 pastors, led by Rev. Eric Williams, wrote a 13 page letter to the IRS alleging that Blackwell has enjoyed "special treatment" by two Ohio "mega-churches," World Harvest Church and Fairfield Christian Church. In the letter, the pastors accuse the two organizations of sponsoring at least nine events with Blackwell as the sole invited politician, "partisan voter-registration drives," and distribution of biased voting guides."
    2. "Blackwell came under fire when on September 7 2004 his office directed Ohio's county election boards to strictly enforce a rule requiring voter registration forms be printed on 80-lb paper. Any form printed on lighter paper, such as newsprint or typing paper, would be considered an application for a new registration form, to be returned to sender to fill out again and resubmit. Many of Ohio's official forms were printed on lighter stock. Democrats alleged the rule had never been enforced, was outdated in the era of computerization, and would disenfranchise citizens unable to resubmit forms by the October 4th deadline. On September 28 Blackwell revoked the directive."
    3. "Various individuals and advocacy groups have accused Blackwell of state-wide voter suppression in Ohio, including:
    - Failure to process voter registrations
    - Uneven voting machine allocation
    - Arbitrary and unreasonable exclusionary procedures in provisional ballot counting"
    4. "On March 1, 2006 Blackwell's office accidentally published a list of 1.2 million Social Security numbers of Ohio citizens on a website along with their business filings...The data was a part of a centralized voter database, which is required by Federal law. At that time, Blackwell promised to only retain the last four digits of the Social Security number in the database to prevent future problems. [47]
    However, on April 26, 2006, it was discovered that Blackwell's office had again, accidentally mailed out computer disks containing the names, addresses and Social Security numbers of 7.7 million registered voters in Ohio. [48] The list was intended to be used by political activism groups to contact voters with campaign information."
    5. "Ohio State Senator Jeff Jacobson, Republican, asked Blackwell in July, 2003 to disqualify Diebold Election Systems' bid to supply voting machines for the state, after security problems were discovered in its software,[1] but was refused. Blackwell had ordered Diebold touch screen voting machines, reversing an earlier decision by the state to purchase only optical scan voting machines which, unlike the touch screen devices, would leave a "paper trail" for recount purposes. The controversy was inflamed the next month when Walden O'Dell, chief executive of Diebold, sent a fund-raising letter to Ohio Republicans, stating that he was 'committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president next year.'"
    6. "On April 4, 2006, the Columbus Dispatch reported that Blackwell 'owned stock [83 shares, down from 178 shares purchased in January 2005] in Diebold, a voting-machine [and ATM] manufacturer, at the same time his office negotiated a deal' with the company."
    7. "Green Party candidates who submitted more than twice the legally required number of petition signatures to get on this fall's Ohio ballot are being stonewalled by the state's infamous Secretary of State J. Kenneth Blackwell, who has expressed personal contempt for the Greens' gubernatorial candidate, Bob Fitrakis

3. LSUMASTERMIND

More on Blackwell

[SIZE=+1]The former radical [/SIZE]
    J. Kenneth Blackwell is 58 years old, someone who has racked up national, state and local experience. Elected at the age of 29, he served for 10 years on Cincinnati City Council and was mayor in 1979-80. Elected as a Charterite, he became a Republican by 1981.
    He has served as U.S. ambassador to the United Nations Human Rights Commission and was an under-secretary of Housing and Urban Development. He ran unsuccessfully for Congress in the 1st Congressional District in 1990 (losing to Charlie Luken, who was succeeding his father, Tom Luken), was appointed Ohio treasurer and then ran successfully for that office in 1994. He ran successfully for Ohio secretary of state in 1998 and was re-elected in 2002.
    He has told the media he is of humble origins, the son of a meatpacker, his mother a nurse.
    "Both worked hard to provide for me and my younger brother, but we were never able to buy the house we lived in," Blackwell wrote in a Cleveland Plain Dealer blog. "At one point we lived in public housing, a benefit to military veterans like my father." He graduated from Hughes High School and attended Xavier University on a football scholarship -- he was tall, 6-foot-4, and weighed more than 200 pounds. But the fact that he was a jock didn't compromise his politics; he went against the stereotype of athletes being among the more conservative students on 1960s college campuses.

"Ken was taller then because his hair was taller," Burke says. "That was 1969-70, when there was a whole hell of a lot going on on campus that year. Fall was the Vietnam moratorium. Spring was the first Earth Day. Then both Kent State and Jackson State happened. So it was a pretty remarkable year, and Ken was very active on campus, both as a highly respected football player and as a campus student leader.

"Ken made the university pay attention to issues affecting the relatively small number of African-American students on campus. Ken was a real student leader and into a lot of issues that African-American student leaders were into in those days. At one point they had their set of demands."
    Gene Beaupre was an undergraduate at XU at the same time. He has worked for the city, worked for Councilman Jerry Springer when Blackwell was on council and is an observer of local and state politics.
    "When he was an undergraduate, he was as radical as they get at Xavier," recalls Beaupre, who today is an assistant to the president at XU. "He wore dashikis and had a big Afro. My impression of him was he did not want to associate with white people at that point. He may want to tell that story differently. Ten years later, he's wearing French cuffs. But he was a big guy, broad-shouldered, very strong. He towered over the campus. But even then he had kind of a gentle way about him. He was soft-spoken."
    Beaupre said that, while an undergrad, he worked on a student group that tried to improve relations between white and black students. Blackwell was resistant.
    Burke says it was a time for confrontation, combativeness and contrariness.
    "We all were in those days," he says. "There was a period where there were black demands issued that related to how black students were treated, how black workers were treated on campus, the lack of sufficient black faculty. Ken was part of promoting all of those important issues. He clearly did not hesitate to speak out." The Rev. Charles Currie was XU president while Blackwell served on city council and also worked as vice president of community relations at XU, which is located in the predominantly African-American neighborhood of Evanston

[SIZE=+1]'The ultimate opportunist' [/SIZE]
    Blackwell's political evolution from the left/moderate to the right, Charterite to Republican was to some -- with the exception of at least one black activist -- both stunning and confusing. Blackwell was widely thought to be a supporter of President Jimmy Carter in 1980 but who by 1981 was suddenly a Reagan Republican. Blackwell himself addressed the question this year in the Plain Dealer blog, when asked why he became a Republican. He responded, "Early in my political career it became clear to me that big government is not only inefficient, insensitive and intrusive but it is also a big opening to big corruption. It has always been clear to me that the left, and the party dominated by the left, put their trust in government; and I wanted to be a member of the party that put its trust in God and individuals."

4. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Obama scares you because he is a Democrat, and your life experiences have led you to believe that Democrats are something you should be scared of. Just like little girls get afraid of all kinds of silly stuff.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You obviously don't know me, but those words would likely get your azz kicked if said to me in person.

3 people like this.
  6. LSUMASTERMIND

I dont see an issue, I see a rant from a republican point of view of a democrat, thats what I see, I dont see too many facts.

So I dealt with the bogus source, which is unreliable in itself because of his background.

7. LSUMASTERMIND

Also, my post was to poke at Sabanfan, not to debate him, we do this alot:thumb:

8. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

If you got in my face trying to claim that Barack scares you, I would beat you down like a little girl (or at least I'd try my best). If you and I were just having a normal conversation, and it came up that Barack scares you, I wouldn't worry about it at all (in fact, one of my best friends and I had a conversation the other day where it came up that he is actually terrified of Barack, claimed he was the devil and all kinds of stuff, and it didn't bother me at all, I didn't think he was a wuss, I didn't think any less of him, I just thought it was weird that a guy I find to be an intelligent and great person and friend has such strange ideas about Obama. Sorry for insulting you.

9. kcal

kcal Founding Member

you couldn't carry SF's jock.....now apologize and move on

10. lsubatgirl04

lsubatgirl04 Cupcake Thief

Keeping the thread on topic-

Barack does not scare me as much as others. I do not believe he is the anti Christ or secretly wishing ill will to the US.

Now on to the SabanFan vs. JohnLSU cage fight. I am now taking bets. Odds are 3:1 SabanFan.