Barack scares me

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SabanFan, Apr 11, 2008.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Give us a little more credit, MM. Frankly, my problem is that I would never vote for a woman, but more and more, Hillary is the more attractive candidate to me right now (on the Dem side). I worry about Obama's lack of experience and his disturbing comments regarding his "knowledge" of international affairs. This is a dangerous time. Screw the economy and the environment. It's saving my a$$ that I'm concerned with. Barack's a charmer, but, not presidential timber in my mind. After a couple more terms as a US Senator, perhaps he'll mature into a viable candidate, but IMO he's not ready this time around.
    Can you honestly say that you are not supporting him just because he's black?

2. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Why do you attack people who may have a different opinon than you do? I'm not spewing hate. I posted a link and invited people to make their own assessment. How is that spewing hate? Meet me in the arena of ideas instead of trying to tag a biggoted label on me. Tell me why what is depicted in the video is inaccurate or unworthy of consideration. No, you take the lazy way out and accuse me of being hateful. I want what is best for my country so that my children and hopefully grandchildren can live in peace and harmony in our country. That view doesn't include Barak Obama being president. Contrary to what you may think, people are smart enough to watch something like that and separate the wheat from the chaff. The fact that a white person, like me, doesn't support a black candidate doesn't mean they are spewing hate and it doesn't make them a racist either (just ask Bill Clinton http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxsrGUTcEUc ). Quite frankly, the only part of the video that really bothered me was the part where the National Anthem was playing and Obama didn't have his hand over his heart. To reiterate, the fact that this bothers me doesn't mean I'm spewing hate nor does it mean I am a racist. I don't support Obama because he is extremely liberal and I don't believe that philosophy is what is best for our country on any issue. If you knew me, and you clearly don't, you'd know how foolish it is to try and pin that label on me. Are you spewing hate and being a racist because you don't support John McCain ?

2 people like this.
  3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Yes, I can honestly say that, her negatives and lies are enough for me not to vote for her. I also said yesterday, that I was looking at McCain more and more as of late. But Im sure you want give me any credit for that, for most people on this board, just point out what they view as my negatives.Because I dont agree with the majority of people on this forum political. I am not a follower, I have my own mind and thoughts. I actually think, i dont take my cue from what people say on this board and then everyone jumps on to follow them down the well.

4. LSUMASTERMIND

see the post above and if someone not putting their hand on their chest during the national anthem is what bothers you, then we have nothing to debate. Also, I didnt take the lazy way out, I already disputed one of the claims on the video about the school. People can view that video in their own perspective, but its not unbiased at all and it is slanted so people can have a negative view of this man. Lets see you try to debate the purpose of video. You posted it as if is an unbiased piece of material, when you know damn well its not. So you try not to be lazy about being unbiased, which you have shown that you cant.

5. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Funny. I figured you wouldn't have a good response. "You be the judge", yes what a biased statement that is. And thanks for the negative rep, and no I'm not a racist. Here's a link to help you understand my feelings about our National Anthem http://americanhistory.si.edu/ssb/

Why debate you? You'll just accuse me of spewing hate and being a racist. Sorry but I don't play that.

6. LSUMASTERMIND

I thought so, no need to debate huh. The video, not your reponse, I was talking about the video. Im sure you missed that point.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Damn good points, MASTERMIND.

8. LSUMASTERMIND

I dont think I attack him, but if he thinks so, oh well.
    Red, also, I never once said, that just because a white person doesnt support him that they are racist. Thats a total misconception and I dont see you coming to my defense, when that is raised. Alot of white people are supporting him and if they werent, he wouldnt be in the position that he is in now. Black people only make up 13% of this nations population and that percentage goes down some when you considering the number of black democrats.
    Neither did you acknowledge the fact, that it was proven that the school he went to wasnt a strict muslim school. No credit for that. But its all good, I understand your point of view.

Also, I never said Hatch was racist, as go back over my post.

9. LSUMASTERMIND

Please point out where I said Hatch is racist?

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

get over your ******** self. hatch is a reputable person here and to call him hateful and obviously imply racism is not only bullshiit its ******** wrong. argue the fact/nonfacts in the video or stfu.

unless there's talking points, ignore it.